• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

A lot of what I've seen involves more of accessing Salesforce data in an Oracle PL/SQL program, or creating Oracle database tables from Salesforce data.  A requirement for a project is to display some credit balance fields, which can change often, in Salesforce.  These are sourced in Oracle EBS tables.  We have a few different interfaces up and running, one which, on a nightly basis interfaces changed customer records (addresses, certain attributes, etc.) and batch interfaces which run nightly and send over sales and registrations data.

I'm wondering if anyone has implemented a solution to pull data directly from Oracle onto a Salesforce user's screen and can offer recommendations.

Thank you!

Hello,

I have a trigger on the Asset object which inserts two Account IDs into two Lists.  One ID is for a Business Account, the other is for a Consumer Account.  Both are correct when looking at the debug log.  The issue I am facing Is I when I go to select an External ID from using the SOQL statement below, it only returns unique values.  An example would be if I have a total of 20 new Assets coming in, with 3 distinct Business Account IDs and 15 distinct Consumer Account IDs, the List of Accounts will only have the 3 and 15 values.  I need it to be populated with all Accounts being updated/inserted.

trigger Update_Registering_Dealer on Asset (after insert, after update)
{
    List<String> accIds = new List<String>();
    List<String> consIds= new List<String>();
    integer count = 0;

for(Asset a : Trigger.new) 
    {      
            if (a.Type__c == 'Registration')
            accIds.add(a.AccountID);  
            system.debug('AccountID: ' + a.AccountID);
            consIds.add(a.Consumer__c);
            system.debug('Consumer: ' + a.Consumer__c);
            count ++;
    } 

List<Account> accsAssets = [Select a.Account_Number__c From Account a where a.Account_Status__c='Active' and Id IN :accIds];
List<Account> consumerAccount = [Select Registering_Dealer__c From Account where Account_Status__c ='Active' and Id IN :consIds];

The business goal here is to pull the External ID from the Business Account, onto the Consumer Account so we can identify where the Consumer purchased their last product.

Thank you in advance.

• September 10, 2013

Hello,

I have a trigger on the Asset object which inserts two Account IDs into two Lists.  One ID is for a Business Account, the other is for a Consumer Account.  Both are correct when looking at the debug log.  The issue I am facing Is I when I go to select an External ID from using the SOQL statement below, it only returns unique values.  An example would be if I have a total of 20 new Assets coming in, with 3 distinct Business Account IDs and 15 distinct Consumer Account IDs, the List of Accounts will only have the 3 and 15 values.  I need it to be populated with all Accounts being updated/inserted.

trigger Update_Registering_Dealer on Asset (after insert, after update)
{
    List<String> accIds = new List<String>();
    List<String> consIds= new List<String>();
    integer count = 0;

for(Asset a : Trigger.new) 
    {      
            if (a.Type__c == 'Registration')
            accIds.add(a.AccountID);  
            system.debug('AccountID: ' + a.AccountID);
            consIds.add(a.Consumer__c);
            system.debug('Consumer: ' + a.Consumer__c);
            count ++;
    } 

List<Account> accsAssets = [Select a.Account_Number__c From Account a where a.Account_Status__c='Active' and Id IN :accIds];
List<Account> consumerAccount = [Select Registering_Dealer__c From Account where Account_Status__c ='Active' and Id IN :consIds];

The business goal here is to pull the External ID from the Business Account, onto the Consumer Account so we can identify where the Consumer purchased their last product.

Thank you in advance.

• September 10, 2013