• 0 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have to update a field on opportunity I want to do as as user updates the record but also to make sure all records have right value all time was planning to also write a batch class that could be sheduled. It is like writing the same code once in Trigger and also in batch class. I am new to apex looking for advice what should be done in these scenarios.
I want to write a workflow rule which will update a field if any of three checkbox is changed from blank to true . I tried ISchanged . It is giving me error . Any suggestions ?
I am having this strange problem ,

I have few check boxes on leads and contacts all mapped . when I convert a lead to merge into existing contacts check boxes on leads are not being mapped . I lose information . According to my understanding , contact should have information from earlier contact and the lead . It is retaining info for other custom fields . I am confused .....

I have a requirement where in I create some contact records which should not visible to anyone except 2 people.  We have territory based role heirarchy We have CEO1 and CEO2 at same level .Also we have 3 different system admin profiles which have view all and modify all permission . I tried to create a new object (as these need not part of the system) but I guess Modify all and View all will make it visible to all who have this permission .

I am not an expert on this , it could be small thing which I am not aware may be . Any suugestions would be helpful. 

We have multi step approval process . At each step we update its step (picklist) and date it entered at that step (sets date to Today()). 

I want to send notification if approval is stuck for more than 3 days . I guess we should be using time based work flow for that but I  m not sure how ?

Also some in this approval process , somtimes campaign take palce even if they  don't get approval .For such cases I want to unlock record if end date has passed even if campaign was never approved . Is there a way to unlock record in workflow rule ? 

Any help is apprciated . Thanks

I want ot send email alert to Managers when campaign is submitted for approval . But different Managers need to notified under different scenarios . ex , if Campaign budget cost is more than 5000 notify A else motify B .Is it possible  ? 

Ours is Non profit organization where we use bucket model to handle individuals . For those who are not aware of it , under this model salesforce create one dummy account (individual) and if no org is provided it puts that contact under individual  . As a best practice no master should have more than 10k child records . It causes data skewing problem . 

I know one solution to it is create some more such dummy buckets and assign records to different  buckets . But how do I do that ? I have around million records . 

Any suggestions...

Thanks

Anybody migrated to State picklist ? Please share your experience . I am trynig to scan my org but unable to so . Gets an error record being used . 

Is it advisable to use tools like Grid Buddy to update state lists .

Thanks

I am trying to enable email approvals . I have enable it in settings ,created a email template . I get the email but when I reply back to approve it doesnot update . Am I missing something . 

Thanks

I am very new to Saleforce integration . I want to bring in data from Web Based Third party system into salesforce . Volume of Data is big  .Data is in form of CSV file which needs to loaded back and forth from that application . Currently some scripts written by our org are doing so but it is ceating too many duplicates . I need some kind of ETL process , I guess . It is done async . Want to know what approach should we adopt . What are my options . I have just taken over this system . Any views on TAlend ?

Thanks 

I am looking for some good training In salesforce admin/developer In New Delhi ,India . Any recommendations ?

I am trying to follow Integration workbook connecting warehouse app and heroku app  . Problem is getting started with heroku . I installed Heroku for windows . I try to follow step by step but when I login in Heroku it is unable to generate SSH key . I noticed I am not getting $ prompt instead c:> what am I missing ? 

• September 12, 2013
I have to update a field on opportunity I want to do as as user updates the record but also to make sure all records have right value all time was planning to also write a batch class that could be sheduled. It is like writing the same code once in Trigger and also in batch class. I am new to apex looking for advice what should be done in these scenarios.
I want to write a workflow rule which will update a field if any of three checkbox is changed from blank to true . I tried ISchanged . It is giving me error . Any suggestions ?

Ours is Non profit organization where we use bucket model to handle individuals . For those who are not aware of it , under this model salesforce create one dummy account (individual) and if no org is provided it puts that contact under individual  . As a best practice no master should have more than 10k child records . It causes data skewing problem . 

I know one solution to it is create some more such dummy buckets and assign records to different  buckets . But how do I do that ? I have around million records . 

Any suggestions...

Thanks

I am trying to enable email approvals . I have enable it in settings ,created a email template . I get the email but when I reply back to approve it doesnot update . Am I missing something . 

Thanks