• 10 Points
  • Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am using dataloader to export Attachment content associated to a particular object.  Is there any way to pull in custom fields from the the polymorphic relationship when filtering on a specific parent type?

I would like to do something like this:
SELECT
	Id, 
	Name, 
	ParentId, 
	Parent.MyCustomField__c,
	Body 
FROM Attachment 
WHERE Parent.Type = 'MyCustomObject__c'

But this returns the error:
No such column 'MyCustomField__c' on entity 'Name'.

I have tried experimenting with TypeOf with no luck:
SELECT 
	Id, 
	ParentId, 
	TYPEOF Parent 
		WHEN MyCustomObject__c 
		THEN MyCustomField__c 
	END, 
	Name,
	Body
FROM Attachment 
WHERE ParentID IN (SELECT id FROM MyCustomObject__c)

This seems to skip the MyCustomField__c column but returns the other columns.

Is there anyway to do this with one SOQL statement?

Thanks,
​​​​​​​
  • October 07, 2019
I am using Ant and the MetaData API to retireve reports from a sandbox and then deploy them to another org.  LIghning now supports nested folders for reports and dashboards, Ant can retireve them and they are created in a hierarchical folder structure as you would expect.  However, I am finding that I cannot deploy them to another environment.  I get this error:
-- Error: An object [...]  of type Report was named in package.xml, but was not found in zipped directory
The file is there though.

Anyone else experiencing this and know of a work around.  I want to deploy the reports in nested folders, there would be far too many for me to move after the deployment and there is no way to move multiple reports or entire folders into another folder.

Thanks!

• August 30, 2018
Hi,
Is there a URL Hack that will open an opportunity in Edit Mode and scroll down to a particlar field or section?
Thanks!

• August 19, 2014

I am trying to connect Sharepoint 2013 to Salesforce using OOTB functionallity.

Specifically, I'd like to create an External Content Type using a Business Connectfivtiy Services (BCS) Connection.

There are a couple of great YouTube videos that demonstrate this functionallity but they don't go into the detail of configuring the actual connection.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JacwLbBKI5U
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBsNqYTUDqY

Has anyone done this type of integration before?  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

• October 15, 2013
I am using dataloader to export Attachment content associated to a particular object.  Is there any way to pull in custom fields from the the polymorphic relationship when filtering on a specific parent type?

I would like to do something like this:
SELECT
	Id, 
	Name, 
	ParentId, 
	Parent.MyCustomField__c,
	Body 
FROM Attachment 
WHERE Parent.Type = 'MyCustomObject__c'

But this returns the error:
No such column 'MyCustomField__c' on entity 'Name'.

I have tried experimenting with TypeOf with no luck:
SELECT 
	Id, 
	ParentId, 
	TYPEOF Parent 
		WHEN MyCustomObject__c 
		THEN MyCustomField__c 
	END, 
	Name,
	Body
FROM Attachment 
WHERE ParentID IN (SELECT id FROM MyCustomObject__c)

This seems to skip the MyCustomField__c column but returns the other columns.

Is there anyway to do this with one SOQL statement?

Thanks,
​​​​​​​
  • October 07, 2019
I am using Ant and the MetaData API to retireve reports from a sandbox and then deploy them to another org.  LIghning now supports nested folders for reports and dashboards, Ant can retireve them and they are created in a hierarchical folder structure as you would expect.  However, I am finding that I cannot deploy them to another environment.  I get this error:
-- Error: An object [...]  of type Report was named in package.xml, but was not found in zipped directory
The file is there though.

Anyone else experiencing this and know of a work around.  I want to deploy the reports in nested folders, there would be far too many for me to move after the deployment and there is no way to move multiple reports or entire folders into another folder.

Thanks!

• August 30, 2018

This is an integration topic, but I had no better place to put it. 

When using Cast Iron, it appears a Custom Objects standard owner field cannot be populated using the external id on User. After some investigation, we found that custom objects have a lookup field that can either be a reference to a User or Queue - Lookup(User,Queue). 

Does anybody know of a way to either convert this to a regular lookup - Lookup (User) or solve this some other way. 

Thanks.