• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hi all,

I am receiving the following error when trying to load a rather complex Visualforce page: 

"Maximum view state size limit (135KB) exceeded."

I've done some research on the various causes that can be behind this issue and verily, my page is guilty of most of them, however what's throwing me for a loop is this - I only exceed my view state size on my full sandbox. For the exact same page (both Visualforce page and it's respective Controller), and the exact same inputs, my view state on Sandbox is roughly 2.5x as large. On Production, I'll average a view state of 50kb - 60kb, while on sandbox with all but the most trivial of inputs I'll be anywhere from 130kb - 190kb. This is a huge impediment for 2 reasons:

1) It's really hard to develop on my sandbox when I can't view the outputs

2) This is a mission critical vf page. If this issue starts appearing on prod it's going to be bad news bears

So, my question is, what can influence the size of View State beyond the vf page and controller (which in my case are identical in both environments)? 

Cheers,

Kevin

• October 17, 2013

Hi all,

I am receiving the following error when trying to load a rather complex Visualforce page: 

"Maximum view state size limit (135KB) exceeded."

I've done some research on the various causes that can be behind this issue and verily, my page is guilty of most of them, however what's throwing me for a loop is this - I only exceed my view state size on my full sandbox. For the exact same page (both Visualforce page and it's respective Controller), and the exact same inputs, my view state on Sandbox is roughly 2.5x as large. On Production, I'll average a view state of 50kb - 60kb, while on sandbox with all but the most trivial of inputs I'll be anywhere from 130kb - 190kb. This is a huge impediment for 2 reasons:

1) It's really hard to develop on my sandbox when I can't view the outputs

2) This is a mission critical vf page. If this issue starts appearing on prod it's going to be bad news bears

So, my question is, what can influence the size of View State beyond the vf page and controller (which in my case are identical in both environments)? 

Cheers,

Kevin

• October 17, 2013