• Member since 2013

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello, 
I need to generate a nicely formatted PDF document that displays data for one contact record. The problem I am having is getting at the related objects/records - I've got about 10 objects attached to the Contact object for which I have to show all record data.  According to the VF guide (page 60, "Accessing Data With A Standard Controller"), which says

You can traverse one level of parent-to-child relationships. For example, if using the Account standard controller, you can
use {!account.Contacts} to return an array of all contacts associated with the account that is currently in context.

I thought I would be able to create arrays to feed into pageblock tables with the following syntax: {!contact>.<name_of_custom_object>} but I'm getting the error: "Error: Invalid field "object name" for SObject Contact"

Do I have to create custom controllers to get this done or am I missing something simple?

Thanks in advance for any help you may have, kumulan

Hello, 
I need to generate a nicely formatted PDF document that displays data for one contact record. The problem I am having is getting at the related objects/records - I've got about 10 objects attached to the Contact object for which I have to show all record data.  According to the VF guide (page 60, "Accessing Data With A Standard Controller"), which says

You can traverse one level of parent-to-child relationships. For example, if using the Account standard controller, you can
use {!account.Contacts} to return an array of all contacts associated with the account that is currently in context.

I thought I would be able to create arrays to feed into pageblock tables with the following syntax: {!contact>.<name_of_custom_object>} but I'm getting the error: "Error: Invalid field "object name" for SObject Contact"

Do I have to create custom controllers to get this done or am I missing something simple?

Thanks in advance for any help you may have, kumulan