• 0 Points
  • Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but basically, what I am doing is building out a web-to-lead form that is being used as a "self-signup" form....

The idea behind this form is to be able to have a user come to our site, access this form, fill out some info, submit the form. onSubmit, the data needs to do 2 things: create the lead in SalesForce and notify the BD rep and create an account entity in our production DB. Now, the part of getting the data to our DB is sorted fine. The issue I have has a couple of angles...

When the user decides to signup, they are taken thru a couple of screens of legal-ese, etc and as they do that a unique ID is pulled from our production DB and fed to a hidden field on the form. onSubmit. the form data is to create a lead entity in SalesForce and notify the BD rep. SalesForce also will send a pre-formatted email out to the user containing acct info verification link.

User clicks on the link and is brought to a verification page. Once they verify the info, SalesForce is to send out another email containing customized email with specific account info and instructions. This account info will be for the user during an evaluation period. At the end of this period, depending on the data we gather during this time, we may persue a contract with the user or we may notify them that they don't meet our minimum requirements.

My questions basically are:

- Using web-to-lead, assuming I have all of the custom fields created, what is the best way to track these events throughout the signup, evaluation and deployment process. I would like to see all events tracked under a single acct entity and threaded via the data returned in the form I created. If needed be, we can wait to write the data to SalesForce until the user verifes the acct info, but I'd like to be able to track all interactions whether they pan out or not.

- If anyone has done something similar, would they mind setting aside a half hour or so to give me some pointers on "best practices" for implementing this sort of form into their lead tracking processes.

Thanks,
Z
Hi everyone...

This is prolly a fairly common newbie question, but I need to find out how I can make a checkbox required  if a value from a custom picklist is specified using validation rules.

Basically, I have a checkbox called "Pre_Traffic_IPID_c" and a picklist called "Tier_I_Site_c". I want to make it so that when a BD rep selects value=YES from "Tier_I_Site_c", the checkbox "Pre_Traffic_IPID_c" becomes required.

Here is the formula I am trying to use, but it doesn't seem to work:

AND ( Pre_Traffic_IPID__c , ISPICKVAL( Tier_I_Site__c , "YES"))

Can someone please give me a hand? (I suck at these things right now, so any and all help would be greatly appreciated)

Hi everyone...

This is prolly a fairly common newbie question, but I need to find out how I can make a checkbox required  if a value from a custom picklist is specified using validation rules.

Basically, I have a checkbox called "Pre_Traffic_IPID_c" and a picklist called "Tier_I_Site_c". I want to make it so that when a BD rep selects value=YES from "Tier_I_Site_c", the checkbox "Pre_Traffic_IPID_c" becomes required.

Here is the formula I am trying to use, but it doesn't seem to work:

AND ( Pre_Traffic_IPID__c , ISPICKVAL( Tier_I_Site__c , "YES"))

Can someone please give me a hand? (I suck at these things right now, so any and all help would be greatly appreciated)