• Member since 2007

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,
       I need to directly Close a Case directly via a Custom-Button, without taking the user to the Close Case Page Layout.

Is it Possible ? if yes, Please guide me for the same..

Thanks in Advance,
Angel..
Hi Everyone,
                      I need to populate values in a Object from two other objects.
when i tried from one  it works fine, but when i added the second object fields its not updating.

I think because u can use update only once on a Object,(Tell me if I am wrong).
So I tried merging the result set of the two arrays into one, and then updating it.

But the merged Array does not capture the value of the second array and accepts as "Undefined"

This is what I did.

Code:
var BookDetails  = sforce.connection.query("select Available_Copies__c,Author_Name__c,Number_of_Pages__c from Book__c where Name = '{!Book_Placement__c.Book__c}'");

var AccountDetails = sforce.connection.query("select Site,Website,AccountNumber from Account where Name = '{!Book_Placement__c.Account__c}'");

var recArray = BookDetails.getArray("records");
alert(recArray [0].Available_Copies__c + "/" +recArray [0].Author_Name__c + "/" +recArray [0].Number_of_Pages__c);

var secArray = AccountDetails.getArray("records");

alert(secArray [0].Site+ "/" +secArray [0].Website+ "/" +secArray [0].AccountNumber);

var myArray = recArray.concat(secArray);

alert(myArray [0].Available_Copies__c + "/" +myArray [0].Author_Name__c + "/" +myArray [0].Number_of_Pages__c + "/" + myArray [0].Site +myArray [0].Website+ "/" +myArray [0].AccountNumber);

Can anybody suggest on this..

Thanks in Advance
Angel

Hi Everyone,
                       I am using eclipse 3.2 and java 1.5 to develop a custom application.
when i convert my enterprise wsdl to java classes using WSDL2JAVA, i get no of errors saying
"syntax error on token "enum", class expected. and "org.apache.axis cannot be resolved to a type"

I am axis 1.4 jar files in my path.

While using jdk 1.4 it is ok..

Can anyone suggest anything on this.

Thanks in Advance!!
Angel

Hi Everyone,
                      Can anyone tell me if it possible to provide a Custom button, or a Link which could be made available on a Contact home page, This would be inturn linked to a S-Control.

Thanks in Advance,
Angel                  
Hi Everyone,
                       Can we add Custom Objects to Self Service Portal ?

Thank you.
Hi Everybody,
                       I have a situation where i need to add custom fields on Add Product page,
Can someone guide me through this.

Any help is Appriciated.

Thank You,

Hi All,
         I am new to salesforce and have been trying to figure out theintegration aspects of Salesforce.           I have a need of integrating my Salesforce instance to a backend ERP system,As if now this integration is not real time and i need to batch upload the data from the ERP system into Salesforce.

My ERP maintains a unique id for each record it creates and this is record is also with the Salesforce but with a different unique Id generated using the Auto number feature, Now how can i actually pull up the some extra information from ERP with respect to this particular similar record.

Thanks in Advance.
Angel

Hi ,
           I am using Eclipse 3.2.2 and trying to install the Apex plugin for the same,
but when the IDE connects to the remote site its shows an eror saying :
"Apex Eclipse Toolkit (8.0.2001) requires plug-in "org.apache.axis"."

Can anyone help on to this,

Your help would be really appreciated....

Thanks in Advance,
Angel.

Hi ,
           I am using Eclipse 3.2.2 and trying to install the plugin for the same,
but when the IDE connects to the remote site its shows an eror saying :
"Apex Eclipse Toolkit (8.0.2001) requires plug-in "org.apache.axis"."

Can anyone help on to this,

Your help would be really appreciated....

Thanks in Advance,
Angel.

Hi Everyone,
                        I am using eclipse 3.2 and java 1.5 to develop a custom application.
when i convert my enterprise wsdl to java classes using WSDL2JAVA, i get no of errors saying
"syntax error on token "enum", class expected. and "org.apache.axis cannot be resolved to a type"

I am axis 1.4 jar files in my path.

while using jdk 1.4 it is ok..

Can anyone suggest anything on this.

Thanks & Regards

Our organization requires active support which is listed by asset. There are typically multiple assets associated with an Account, however I want to search through all the Assets in an Account and if the term Active is found in the Status field, then show "Active", otherwise if it is not found display "Expired".

I've tried creating a case field using a forumla to try an IF statement, however I cannot access the related Asset fields.

Obviously, this would seem I need to create a S-Control in order to have this happen when an Account is associated with a case. Seems simple, but I can't get my page to load this.
Hi,
       I need to directly Close a Case directly via a Custom-Button, without taking the user to the Close Case Page Layout.

Is it Possible ? if yes, Please guide me for the same..

Thanks in Advance,
Angel..
How do I pass information between the Case page to a custom object page, which is called by a S-Control. In other words, how do i get info from the previous page (Case page) to the new S-Control?

Is that what these fields are all about? {!Case.CaseNumber}. How i use these fields?

Thanks in advance
I want to build an s-control where it takes my account info and copies specific custom fields and imports the info into the contact field of a new contact associated to that account.  Is there a simple way to do this?
  • October 04, 2007
    Hi all, It would probably drive you nuts that a Product guy who doesn't know how to code is snooping around the dev network, but i have a question about an s-control.

I have created some custom objects and need to map the field on one object to a field on another.

One custom object is named "Item"  It has a field called "Item Number".  I would like to get that Item Number to map to another custom object named "Line Item."

I do not know how to write code, but i can pick out the pieces.  This code would be very helpful as there are other places I need the same functionality. 

Can someone help me out? I would be much obliged.
Hi, I'm trying to clone an opportunity, with OppLine Items, where the Product Name in the line item on the orignial opp maps to a  custom field on the new cloned opp.  We do rollover business and are trying to track where the orignal dollars were invested.

Any ideas?  I can't seem to get it to work.

Thanks!
Hi Everyone,
                      I need to populate values in a Object from two other objects.
when i tried from one  it works fine, but when i added the second object fields its not updating.

I think because u can use update only once on a Object,(Tell me if I am wrong).
So I tried merging the result set of the two arrays into one, and then updating it.

But the merged Array does not capture the value of the second array and accepts as "Undefined"

This is what I did.

Code:
var BookDetails  = sforce.connection.query("select Available_Copies__c,Author_Name__c,Number_of_Pages__c from Book__c where Name = '{!Book_Placement__c.Book__c}'");

var AccountDetails = sforce.connection.query("select Site,Website,AccountNumber from Account where Name = '{!Book_Placement__c.Account__c}'");

var recArray = BookDetails.getArray("records");
alert(recArray [0].Available_Copies__c + "/" +recArray [0].Author_Name__c + "/" +recArray [0].Number_of_Pages__c);

var secArray = AccountDetails.getArray("records");

alert(secArray [0].Site+ "/" +secArray [0].Website+ "/" +secArray [0].AccountNumber);

var myArray = recArray.concat(secArray);

alert(myArray [0].Available_Copies__c + "/" +myArray [0].Author_Name__c + "/" +myArray [0].Number_of_Pages__c + "/" + myArray [0].Site +myArray [0].Website+ "/" +myArray [0].AccountNumber);

Can anybody suggest on this..

Thanks in Advance
Angel

I want to create something to allow our support agents to quickly close cases that have the same case reason, resolution and time spent.  (things like information requests, uploading a file etc etc)  They spend about 10 minutes resolving minor, repetative support issues including fixing the issue, updating the case and sending the response to the client.

I'd like to be able to create a 'close - info request' custom button that invokes an s-control to do the following:

- update 6 or 7 case fields (standard and custom)
 - close the case
 - add a standard comment
 - send solution or email to the case contact

Even updating the fields is a good start, just something to cut down the time they spend doing the same thing over and over.

I have a fairly good understanding of how I could use an s-control to do this, I just don't know where to get started.  I've added AJAX toolkit and made a simple control that adds an account (from the tutorial) but I'm not sure where to start developing my own control.