• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have an ftp that is stores files as it relates to each activity in SFDC. I have created a custom link on the activity in which I have defined the ftp server and credentials within the path and passing in a parameter, which is unique to the activity, as the file name. The end goal is that when that custom link is clicked, it will access the ftp with the embedded credentials, find the file name according to the parameter, and download that file. 

In Chrome, this works beautifully. However, in IE, the browser is trying to open the file in the default application. How can I force the file to be downloaded vs. opening in the default application?

Thanks.

Shanky
I have a process set up that calls a flow when the criteria are met. I have built in apex code and workflows that update lead records to meet the conditions I have specified within process builder. When I update the lead manually to meet the condition, the process executes and the flow completes the action as expected. But when the update is done via apex or workflow to meet the condition, the process executes, but I get an error at the flow: "The record couldn't be saved because it failed to trigger a flow. A flow trigger failed to execute the flow with version ID 301J00000001kkx. Contact your administrator for help."

I am stumped. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I am trying to connect a new data source for Sharepoint integration. A couple of the documentations I have read through indicate to create a new external data source and select either:
Files Connect: Microsoft Sharepoint Online
Files Connect: Microsoft OneDrive for Business

In the type field. However the only thing I see as a drop down is 'None'. Does this need to be activated within my org?
Hello,

I have a custom VF page in which I have a drop down field that displays the top 25 most recently viewed objects. Currently, it is only displaying the Name and Object Type:

var result = sforce.connection.query("SELECT Id, Name, Type FROM RecentlyViewed WHERE LastViewedDate >= "+fst+" AND Type IN ('Opportunity', 'Lead', 'Account', 'Contact') ORDER BY LastViewedDate DESC LIMIT 25"

However, we have scenarios where the names are the same between leads, therefore it is hard to make a distinction as to which lead was viewed. I would like to also include phone into the display, so that it is easier to make that distinction. I have tried adding phone to my query above, however, the results are showing as 'null' on the page.
I have made sure the lead record has a phone number populated in the 'Phone' field.

Any ideas about why the phone value is not getting populated?

Thanks.
Using an ASP.Net application, I am making a REST Call to the API in Salesforce, however I am getting the 500 Internal Server Error. The exception is thrown when I try to get the response from the server. The line of code that is making the call is the following:

Dim response as Net.HttpWebResponse = CType(request.GetResponse(), Net.HttpWebResponse)

This is where the exception is being thrown. This used to work however only recently this has been an issue. Did something change on Salesforce's side with a new release?

Thanks.
We have a class that handles lead inserts from a 3rd party source. Within the class, we have created an inner class called LeadDetailResponseData which handles the lead insert responses.

global class LeadDetailResponseData {
    public Integer MessageId;
    public String Status;
    public String ErrorMessage;
  }

We have then created a list of 'LeadDetailResponseData' types that will store the results of the lead import:

List<LeadDetailResponseData> ResponseMsg = new List<LeadDetailResponseData>();

Upon insertion, if there are any errors, it is getting stored to the ErrorMessage variable. The message then gets added to the list of Lead Detail Responses. Note that l is an instance of a Lead object and lr is an instance of the LeadResponseDetail class.

try {
            l.setOptions(dmo);
            insert l;
          } catch (DmlException e) {
            lr.Status = '-1'; //Insert Error
            lr.ErrorMessage = e.getMessage();
          }  

ResponseMsg.Add(lr);
   return ResponseMsg;

My question is where does the Return go? Is it returned to the process that's calling this class? Or is it stored somewhere within the instance of Salesforce.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks.
We have a web service set up that allows one of our clients to automatically send us leads. It seems that they have been getting the following errors:

.System.Net.WebException: The underlyingconnection was closed: The connectionwas closed unexpectedly.
(This is all they provided me)

From what I have read in forums and discussions, the following code snippet needs to be added to the reference file in the solution that invokes the web service:
protected override System.Net.WebRequest GetWebRequest(Uri uri)
  {
   System.Net.HttpWebRequest webRequest =  (System.Net.HttpWebRequest) base.GetWebRequest(uri);
   webRequest.KeepAlive = false;
   return webRequest;
  }

Can anyone provide some insight if I am headed in the right direction, or is there something else that needs to be done?

Thanks.
Hello,

I am implementing a functionality in Salesforce which will allow for the users to move to the next or previous Lead from the lead page layout with the click of a 'Next' or 'Previous' button. Right now, it is looking at all the leads in the system to determine which record to move to. I would like to leverage the Lead view in order to determine the set of leads to navigate through.

My developer is telling me this is not possible, but I would like to exhast all resources.

Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Shanky
We have a class that handles lead inserts from a 3rd party source. Within the class, we have created an inner class called LeadDetailResponseData which handles the lead insert responses.

global class LeadDetailResponseData {
    public Integer MessageId;
    public String Status;
    public String ErrorMessage;
  }

We have then created a list of 'LeadDetailResponseData' types that will store the results of the lead import:

List<LeadDetailResponseData> ResponseMsg = new List<LeadDetailResponseData>();

Upon insertion, if there are any errors, it is getting stored to the ErrorMessage variable. The message then gets added to the list of Lead Detail Responses. Note that l is an instance of a Lead object and lr is an instance of the LeadResponseDetail class.

try {
            l.setOptions(dmo);
            insert l;
          } catch (DmlException e) {
            lr.Status = '-1'; //Insert Error
            lr.ErrorMessage = e.getMessage();
          }  

ResponseMsg.Add(lr);
   return ResponseMsg;

My question is where does the Return go? Is it returned to the process that's calling this class? Or is it stored somewhere within the instance of Salesforce.

Any feedback is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Can anyone help to solve this

How to relate a timba survey to a specific record. I am getting all the responses when I relate a survey to a oppurtunity record but I need only the response that got for that particular oppurtunity....in Summary , Tell me how to relate the timba survey record to a specific opprtunity record?

• August 11, 2011