• 10 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello all.  I've recently started a new job with a marketing firm here and have been thrown into the hot seat.  I have a strong SQL and SQL Server background but have never used SOQL or anything salesforce related.  Ever.  I'm only day three into this project but I'm finding this all very challenging and frustrating.  

I am simply trying to use a UI provided by SalesForce (Enterprise Editiion) called Workbench.  This allows me to query from tables...or I guess I should call them Objects.   I am simply trying to write a query where I need to inner join two tables with some conditions.  I have spent the past day or so investigating and reading several topics online regarding this but I am not making any progress.

I truly appreciate any help or feedback you can provide!

I have two questions:

1) When I write anykind of query using Workbench and select View As Bulk CSV, it only exports my actual query into a txt file.  Is this correct?  I was hoping to query out some basic data and use it in a local copy of SQL Server.

2) Here the important one.  Listed below is the query I've tried to write in several variations withouth any luck.  I do know for a act the relationship between the tables is Opportunity.ID (parent) >> Task.WhatID (child).

If I were to do this in any SQL environment, I would simply do this:

SELECT  Task.Subject, Opportunity.CreatedDate, Opportunity.StageName
FROM  Opportunity
INNER JOIN Task ON Opportunity.Id = Task.WhatID
WHERE  (Opportunity.StageName = 'Prospecting')
AND (Opportunity.Name NOT LIKE 'ACME')

Can someone please suggest the proper SOQL syntax?

Once again, THANKS for helping!

Hello all.  I've recently started a new job with a marketing firm here and have been thrown into the hot seat.  I have a strong SQL and SQL Server background but have never used SOQL or anything salesforce related.  Ever.  I'm only day three into this project but I'm finding this all very challenging and frustrating.  

I am simply trying to use a UI provided by SalesForce (Enterprise Editiion) called Workbench.  This allows me to query from tables...or I guess I should call them Objects.   I am simply trying to write a query where I need to inner join two tables with some conditions.  I have spent the past day or so investigating and reading several topics online regarding this but I am not making any progress.

I truly appreciate any help or feedback you can provide!

I have two questions:

1) When I write anykind of query using Workbench and select View As Bulk CSV, it only exports my actual query into a txt file.  Is this correct?  I was hoping to query out some basic data and use it in a local copy of SQL Server.

2) Here the important one.  Listed below is the query I've tried to write in several variations withouth any luck.  I do know for a act the relationship between the tables is Opportunity.ID (parent) >> Task.WhatID (child).

If I were to do this in any SQL environment, I would simply do this:

SELECT  Task.Subject, Opportunity.CreatedDate, Opportunity.StageName
FROM  Opportunity
INNER JOIN Task ON Opportunity.Id = Task.WhatID
WHERE  (Opportunity.StageName = 'Prospecting')
AND (Opportunity.Name NOT LIKE 'ACME')

Can someone please suggest the proper SOQL syntax?

Once again, THANKS for helping!