• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a VisualForce page that is a drop-in element used in a standard page layout.  In my VF, I've got Javascript that's trying to get some elements of the main page and then run a pre-existing method, like this:

var imgs = document.getElementsByTagName('img');

for(var x in imgs)
  {
  if ( imgs[x].className=='hideListButton' && imgs[x].alt.indexOf("ICOMM") != -1)
     { twistSection(imgs[x]) ; }
  }

but the imgs collection is always showing up empty.  fine, I then try to use parent.document.getElementsByName() and it blows up, same thing with top.document.getElementsByName().

this code works fine if it's embedded in a JS button on the same page...but VF in this use case is somehow obscuring the parent and top pages.

The goal of this code is to make it so that some collapsible sections of the page are collapsed by default on page load.

Ideas???

I've been using the Office toolkit for a long time, and the documentation certainly implies that it's a supported product (see the bottom of page 11 of the latest rev of the manual)...

But when I filed a case with SFDC, after several days they came back and indicated the toolkit was unsupported.

True??

• December 05, 2011

We have a webservice that sometimes gets inundated with requests from an APEX trigger we have.  So, we wrote a .NET batch program to do the requests via API through SFDC with a 45 second delay between requests.  We'd like to make that a Batch APEX, however, I can't find any way to make the APEX code pause between submittals.  I tried a loop checking on the time, but that causes 200K worth of script statements which exceeds governor limits too.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanx!