• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I have a CASE standard object (Parent) on which there is a custom lookup field "Pick-up Location" whereby, a user clicks on a magnifying glass icon and selects a value.

I have a SHIPMENT custom object (Child to the CASE) on which I have created a new custom formula field "Pick-up Location" of return type Text. I want to display the value from the parent's "Pick-up Location" lookup field but cannot seem to figure out the correct formula.

I tried in the formula editor Pick-up Location = parent_object.field_name but it doesn't display the value, instead, it displays the ID (a2Bo0000000PXIw) as plain Text.

I tried TEXT(parent_object.field_name) but it throws an error since it is not a Picklist field but a Lookup field whose value we need.

I'd appreciate the response to be within the Declarative Click configuration instead of APEX code.

Thanks!
Hello,

I have a CASE standard object (Parent) on which there is a custom lookup field "Pick-up Location" whereby, a user clicks on a magnifying glass icon and selects a value.

I have a SHIPMENT custom object (Child to the CASE) on which I have created a new custom formula field "Pick-up Location" of return type Text. I want to display the value from the parent's "Pick-up Location" lookup field but cannot seem to figure out the correct formula.

I tried in the formula editor Pick-up Location = parent_object.field_name but it doesn't display the value, instead, it displays the ID (a2Bo0000000PXIw) as plain Text.

I tried TEXT(parent_object.field_name) but it throws an error since it is not a Picklist field but a Lookup field whose value we need.

I'd appreciate the response to be within the Declarative Click configuration instead of APEX code.

Thanks!