• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Topic: API / Apex / Visualforce

We are using custom code to call out to Avatax in an Apex class and related wrappers.

We cannot seem to test the connection through our Tax Now settings in Salesforce (we get the error and tried a few things to resolve from this link: https://developer.salesforce.com/forums/?id=906F000000099GbIAI ). 

Based on a log from Avalara, it looks like they're not seeing the call out at all. We need a way to test the call out from SF. 

Thank you!

We need to be able to test the connection
Greetings...

I have had great success in using .net and the associated API Enterprise generated WSDL and Web Reference for about a year.  I've also used the API in the Sandbox.  I hadn't made a change to the Sandbox or the Production for a couple of months.  Today I did the following in Firefox (I have had more success generating and downloading the WSDL in Firefox)

- Went to Settings/Develop/API/Generate Enterprise WSDL and clicked the GENERATE button to the right of "Generate Enterprise WSDL"
- The result in Firefox was not the normal formatted XML that I had seen in the past (perhaps the update to Firefox did this) What appeared was what looked like one big paragraph of sentences (no xml tags)
-  I right clicked in the white area of the page and "saved as"  test.wsdl
- When I opened test.wsdl, it looked like it alwas does...properly formed XML

Next in VS, I changed the Web Reference property to the Test.wsdl file name and Updated my Web Reference

======================================
Now the issue (finaly)
======================================

When I try to create an instance of SforceService like the code below:

SforceService sfService = new SforceService();

I get the following exception:

2014-09-11 16:35:30.000  Warning SalesforceClient.Connect Exception.Exception.Name InvalidOperationException
2014-09-11 16:35:30.000  Warning SalesforceClient.Connect Exception.Exception.Message Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1).
2014-09-11 16:35:30.000  Warning SalesforceClient.Connect Exception.Exception.Message error CS0030: Cannot convert type 'Mozenda.Business.Salesforce.ListViewRecordColumn[]' to 'Mozenda.Business.Salesforce.ListViewRecordColumn'
2014-09-11 16:35:30.000  Warning SalesforceClient.Connect Exception.Exception.Message error CS0030: Cannot convert type 'Mozenda.Business.Salesforce.ListViewRecordColumn[]' to 'Mozenda.Business.Salesforce.ListViewRecordColumn'
2014-09-11 16:35:30.000  Warning SalesforceClient.Connect Exception.Exception.Message error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'Mozenda.Business.Salesforce.ListViewRecordColumn' to 'Mozenda.Business.Salesforce.ListViewRecordColumn[]'
2014-09-11 16:35:30.000  Warning SalesforceClient.Connect Exception.Exception.Message error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'Mozenda.Business.Salesforce.ListViewRecordColumn' to 'Mozenda.Business.Salesforce.ListViewRecordColumn[]'
2014-09-11 16:35:30.000  Warning SalesforceClient.Connect Exception.Exception.Source System.Xml
2014-09-11 16:35:30.000  Warning SalesforceClient.Connect Exception.Exception.StackTrace at System.Xml.Serialization.Compiler.Compile(Assembly parent, String ns, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters xmlParameters, Evidence evidence)
2014-09-11 16:35:30.000  Warning SalesforceClient.Connect Exception.Exception.StackTrace    at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly.GenerateAssembly(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, Evidence evidence, XmlSerializerCompilerParameters parameters, Assembly assembly, Hashtable assemblies)
2014-09-11 16:35:30.000  Warning SalesforceClient.Connect Exception.Exception.StackTrace    at System.Xml.Serialization.TempAssembly..ctor(XmlMapping[] xmlMappings, Type[] types, String defaultNamespace, String location, Evidence evidence)
2014-09-11 16:35:30.000  Warning SalesforceClient.Connect Exception.Exception.StackTrace    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.GetSerializersFromCache(XmlMapping[] mappings, Type type)
2014-09-11 16:35:30.000  Warning SalesforceClient.Connect Exception.Exception.StackTrace    at System.Xml.Serialization.XmlSerializer.FromMappings(XmlMapping[] mappings, Type type)
2014-09-11 16:35:30.000  Warning SalesforceClient.Connect Exception.Exception.StackTrace    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapClientType..ctor(Type type)
2014-09-11 16:35:30.000  Warning SalesforceClient.Connect Exception.Exception.StackTrace    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol..ctor()
2014-09-11 16:35:30.000  Warning SalesforceClient.Connect Exception.Exception.StackTrace    at Mozenda.Business.Salesforce.SforceService..ctor()
2014-09-11 16:35:30.000  Warning SalesforceClient.Connect Exception.Exception.StackTrace    at Mozenda.Business.SalesforceClient.SalesForceClient.Connect()

There is alot if information about "Unable to generate a temporary class (result=1)" doing a Google search, but nothing seems to apply.

- Has Salesforce changed how the Enterprise WSDL is created?

Thanks in advance!!

Russ

Hi,

I've created below class and want to display records in Visual source page.

public class JSONTest {

Public string strName{get;set;}
    Public string strPrint {get;set;}
    Public List<items> itemList {get;set;}

String jsonStr = '{"feed":{"row_count":1,"items":[{"msg":"<a class="keyword" href=http://abc.html>XYZ</a>Clicked<a class="keyword" href=http://abc.html>http://abc.html</a>","interest":"Other","whendt":"3/26/2012 6:22:49 PM"}]}}';

public void PrintJSONRecords(){
    itemList = (List<items>)JSON.deserialize(jsonStr ,List<items>.class);
   }    

public void submit()
    {
        PrintJSONRecords();
    }

class feed {
        public Integer row_count;
        public items[] itemss;

public feed(Integer a) {
            this.row_count = a;
            this.itemss = new List<items>();
        }
    }

public class items{
        public String msg;
        public String interest;
        public DateTime whendt;

public items( String msg, String interest, DateTime whendt) {
            this.msg = msg;
            this.interest= interest;
            this.whendt = whendt;
        }
    }
}

When I execute program it gives me below error;

System.JSONException: Malformed JSON: Expected '[' at the beginning of List/Set

What I'm missing?

Thanks!!

Hi All, I am using the below format to retrive the feild label: However I need to remove the last 3 characters of the label during display. Any Idea? Thanks
  • December 07, 2010