• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello,

I can't figure out what the problem is.  What's weird is that I've successfully created my schema in my sandbox environment with no issues.  I attempted to deploy my custom objects just now, and i recieved a similar looking error.

Service_Repair_Line_Item__c.Product_Repair_Line_Item__c Custom Field 65 13 maximum depth of master-detail relationship exceeded
Service_Repair_Line_Item__c Custom Object   Cannot set ControlledByParent on a CustomObject without a MasterDetail relationship field

I've included a screen shot of the schema I've created at the bottom of this post.  I count only 5 chained master-detail relationships: Accounts->Contact->Service Order->Product Repair Line Item->Service Repair Line Item.  Elsewhere on this forum (https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000h1QXAAY), i've seen some references to the fact that 5 is the maximum depth of a Master-Detail relationship, so it would appear I am within that limit  I don't understand why its complaining during the production deployment but isn't complaining in my sandbox.  I also don't understand why it complaining about just the Service Repair Line Item, because there are 3 other sibling objects that live at the same depth.  Is it possible that there is a different limit in the sandbox than there is in the production environment?

Object Schema
Hello,

I can't figure out what the problem is.  What's weird is that I've successfully created my schema in my sandbox environment with no issues.  I attempted to deploy my custom objects just now, and i recieved a similar looking error.

Service_Repair_Line_Item__c.Product_Repair_Line_Item__c Custom Field 65 13 maximum depth of master-detail relationship exceeded
Service_Repair_Line_Item__c Custom Object   Cannot set ControlledByParent on a CustomObject without a MasterDetail relationship field

I've included a screen shot of the schema I've created at the bottom of this post.  I count only 5 chained master-detail relationships: Accounts->Contact->Service Order->Product Repair Line Item->Service Repair Line Item.  Elsewhere on this forum (https://success.salesforce.com/answers?id=90630000000h1QXAAY), i've seen some references to the fact that 5 is the maximum depth of a Master-Detail relationship, so it would appear I am within that limit  I don't understand why its complaining during the production deployment but isn't complaining in my sandbox.  I also don't understand why it complaining about just the Service Repair Line Item, because there are 3 other sibling objects that live at the same depth.  Is it possible that there is a different limit in the sandbox than there is in the production environment?

Object Schema