• 25 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have 2 time based workflows that should send an email anytime a Contract Expiration Date is 90 days away. One workflow rule is based on sending to an email to the East and one is based on sending an email to the West. I cannot figure out why they are both triggering an email when I create a new record. Can you spot what is triggering both to fire off in my workflows?

Workflow 1 West
AND(NOT( ISBLANK( Contract_Exp_Date__c)), 
OR( 
AND(AccountId__r.Muni_Team_Account__c = True, AccountId__r.RegionCode__c = "W"), 
AND(AccountId__r.Owner.ProfileId = "00e30000000jMWI", AccountId__r.RecordType.DeveloperName = "Prospect", CONTAINS(AccountId__r.Owner.User_Region__c, "WESTERN"))))

Workflow 2 East
OR( 
AND(AccountId__r.Muni_Team_Account__c = True, AccountId__r.RegionCode__c = "E"), 
AND( AccountId__r.Owner.ProfileId = "00e30000000jMWI", AccountId__r.RecordType.DeveloperName = "Prospect"), CONTAINS(AccountId__r.Owner.User_Region__c, "EASTERN")))

Additional information- the Evaluation Criteria: Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria

I appreciate any help that is given!
I am having trouble figuring out a formula used within a workflow that will notify a person of a renewal on a contract. The tricky thing is that we have a field called Contract Exp Date (date field). This is the end of a contract. We have another field called Renewal Options (picklist: values = 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years, 5 years, other). Even though a contract is officially up at the time of the Contract Exp Date, if the Renewal Options are set to 1 year, the rep needs a notification a year into the contract. (Fyi- we do not use the Contract object... these are custom fields). For example: If we have a Contract Exp Date of 6/30/2020, Renewal Option of 1 year, and today is 1/26/15, the end user will need a notification that the contract is up for renewal 90 days before 6/30/2015. Then, the next year, they will need a notification 90 days before 6/30/2016 and so on. Is there a way to do this?

I possibly thought about maybe creating a field to say what the next Renewal Date would be based on the Contract Exp Date and Renewal Options, and then use the Renewal Date to create the workflow, but I am faced with the same difficulty of figuring out the formula.
I have 2 time based workflows that should send an email anytime a Contract Expiration Date is 90 days away. One workflow rule is based on sending to an email to the East and one is based on sending an email to the West. I cannot figure out why they are both triggering an email when I create a new record. Can you spot what is triggering both to fire off in my workflows?

Workflow 1 West
OR( 
AND(AccountId__r.Muni_Team_Account__c = True, AccountId__r.RegionCode__c = "W"), 
AND(AccountId__r.Owner.ProfileId = "00e30000000jMWI", AccountId__r.RecordType.DeveloperName = "Prospect", CONTAINS(AccountId__r.Owner.User_Region__c, "WESTERN"))))

Workflow 2 East
OR( 
AND(AccountId__r.Muni_Team_Account__c = True, AccountId__r.RegionCode__c = "E"), 
AND( AccountId__r.Owner.ProfileId = "00e30000000jMWI", AccountId__r.RecordType.DeveloperName = "Prospect"), CONTAINS(AccountId__r.Owner.User_Region__c, "EASTERN")))

Additional information- the Evaluation Criteria: Evaluate the rule when a record is created, and any time it’s edited to subsequently meet criteria

I appreciate any help that is given!
I am having trouble figuring out a formula used within a workflow that will notify a person of a renewal on a contract. The tricky thing is that we have a field called Contract Exp Date (date field). This is the end of a contract. We have another field called Renewal Options (picklist: values = 1 year, 2 years, 3 years, 4 years, 5 years, other). Even though a contract is officially up at the time of the Contract Exp Date, if the Renewal Options are set to 1 year, the rep needs a notification a year into the contract. (Fyi- we do not use the Contract object... these are custom fields). For example: If we have a Contract Exp Date of 6/30/2020, Renewal Option of 1 year, and today is 1/26/15, the end user will need a notification that the contract is up for renewal 90 days before 6/30/2015. Then, the next year, they will need a notification 90 days before 6/30/2016 and so on. Is there a way to do this?

I possibly thought about maybe creating a field to say what the next Renewal Date would be based on the Contract Exp Date and Renewal Options, and then use the Renewal Date to create the workflow, but I am faced with the same difficulty of figuring out the formula.