• 15 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

We are having a salesforce community enabled for our org and we are running a SOQL to fetch the LastPasswordChangeDate field on the User object on the Portal HomePage Controller Constructor. Whenever we are trying to login to our community, we are getting an exception 
System.QueryException: No such column 'LastPasswordChangeDate' on entity 'User'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names

Can anybody help me on this?

Folks.

I am using <apex:commandButton value="Next" action="{!method1}" rerender="test" oncomplete="complete1();"/>

Once the method1 executes, it updates a boolean variable to 'true' and in the constructor this variable value is set as false

public void method1(){
                fieldstatus='true';
                //system.debug('fieldstatus:'+fieldstatus);
    }
Now on VF page , i want to access this variable value so used oncomplete, but in the oncomplete function i always got the value as false.

function complete1() {
        var check1= '{!fieldstatus}';
        alert(check1);
        }

Any idea why this wierd behaviour?

I am working on CDATA section. My requirement is to add header and footer interms of CDATA to a string text node and then display the same.

I tried with the below code :

String eHeader ='<![CDATA[ <h1> PlaceHolder for Header </h1>  ]]>' ;
String efooter='<![CDATA[ <h1> PlaceHolder for Footer </h1>  ]]>';
XMLnode.fieldName =eHeader+'bdyText'+eFooter;
return my_node result;

After I execute the same in SOAP UI , i have getting the node value as :

<![CDATA[<![CDATA[ <h1> PlaceHolder for Header </h1>  ]]]]>><![CDATA[body21<![CDATA[ <h1> PlaceHolder for Footer </h1>  ]]]]>><![CDATA[]]>

Not understanding why i am receiving the empty cdata node as well and nothing being decripted like &lt; for the special characters.

Also when i tried the same with the below code

XMLnode.fieldName =eHeader+'bdyText';

In SOAP UI i am getting :

&lt;![CDATA[ &lt;h1> PlaceHolder for Header &lt;/h1>  ]]&gt;body21.

Could you please tell if both the result are correct? or the second one is right as in the first result i am not seeing nothing being decripted like &lt; for the special characters.

Any idea?

We are having a salesforce community enabled for our org and we are running a SOQL to fetch the LastPasswordChangeDate field on the User object on the Portal HomePage Controller Constructor. Whenever we are trying to login to our community, we are getting an exception 
System.QueryException: No such column 'LastPasswordChangeDate' on entity 'User'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names

Can anybody help me on this?

Folks.

I am using <apex:commandButton value="Next" action="{!method1}" rerender="test" oncomplete="complete1();"/>

Once the method1 executes, it updates a boolean variable to 'true' and in the constructor this variable value is set as false

public void method1(){
                fieldstatus='true';
                //system.debug('fieldstatus:'+fieldstatus);
    }
Now on VF page , i want to access this variable value so used oncomplete, but in the oncomplete function i always got the value as false.

function complete1() {
        var check1= '{!fieldstatus}';
        alert(check1);
        }

Any idea why this wierd behaviour?

I am working on CDATA section. My requirement is to add header and footer interms of CDATA to a string text node and then display the same.

I tried with the below code :

String eHeader ='<![CDATA[ <h1> PlaceHolder for Header </h1>  ]]>' ;
String efooter='<![CDATA[ <h1> PlaceHolder for Footer </h1>  ]]>';
XMLnode.fieldName =eHeader+'bdyText'+eFooter;
return my_node result;

After I execute the same in SOAP UI , i have getting the node value as :

<![CDATA[<![CDATA[ <h1> PlaceHolder for Header </h1>  ]]]]>><![CDATA[body21<![CDATA[ <h1> PlaceHolder for Footer </h1>  ]]]]>><![CDATA[]]>

Not understanding why i am receiving the empty cdata node as well and nothing being decripted like &lt; for the special characters.

Also when i tried the same with the below code

XMLnode.fieldName =eHeader+'bdyText';

In SOAP UI i am getting :

&lt;![CDATA[ &lt;h1> PlaceHolder for Header &lt;/h1>  ]]&gt;body21.

Could you please tell if both the result are correct? or the second one is right as in the first result i am not seeing nothing being decripted like &lt; for the special characters.

Any idea?
Folks,
Have anyone ever tried to use the oncomplete attribute on a command button ? I am facing one weird issue.

<apex:commandButton styleClass="btn" value="Save" action="{!saveAction}" id="save" oncomplete="checkError();"/>

Now on click of the button when the save action fails as a result of some required fields not filled in, the fields are not getting highlighted as they would typically. When I remove the oncomplete definition, they get highlighted. My
gut feeling is that our own definition of oncomplete overrides something that salesforce has defined for commandButton on completion of an ajax request. Any takers ??

Thanks.

Message Edited by Arun Bala on 12-30-2008 08:14 PM