• 10 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi. I'm sure alot of people have run into this type of issue.
Basically, I have a Parent record, and Child record that I want to load via Data Loader.
Since its an Insert (or Upsert), I wouldn't know the "Parent ID" initially.
So I'd have to:
insert/upsert the parent.
Grab the Parent ID and paste the Parent ID to the reference ID in the Child record.

This is a pain especially if i am loading a lot of parent-child related records. Is there even an easier work around in data loader?

Hi all, 
I am using Data Loader 30.0.0

I am trying to simultaneously insert some files that are related. Is there any way to do this? For example...

I am uploading an asset named 10

and i need the following asset to be named 9 and recognize that it is a subcategory to 10...

In my extracts it is called "Parent Asset Name" but the code for it seems to be the last part of the URL (i.e www.salesforce.com/123456789)

Is there any way to know what code will be generated from that asset so that i can put it into the parent asset name column and relate them?

Hopefully that is clear enough,

Please let me know and I can try to be more specific.

Hi. I'm sure alot of people have run into this type of issue.
Basically, I have a Parent record, and Child record that I want to load via Data Loader.
Since its an Insert (or Upsert), I wouldn't know the "Parent ID" initially.
So I'd have to:
insert/upsert the parent.
Grab the Parent ID and paste the Parent ID to the reference ID in the Child record.

This is a pain especially if i am loading a lot of parent-child related records. Is there even an easier work around in data loader?

Hi all, 
I am using Data Loader 30.0.0

I am trying to simultaneously insert some files that are related. Is there any way to do this? For example...

I am uploading an asset named 10

and i need the following asset to be named 9 and recognize that it is a subcategory to 10...

In my extracts it is called "Parent Asset Name" but the code for it seems to be the last part of the URL (i.e www.salesforce.com/123456789)

Is there any way to know what code will be generated from that asset so that i can put it into the parent asset name column and relate them?

Hopefully that is clear enough,

Please let me know and I can try to be more specific.