• 10 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a visualforce page that shows available resources for a specific day.  The resource scheduler will pick a date/time that a new appointment will be scheduled for (using inputField of an Event object instance startdatetime field).  They will then pick the resource that they want to schedule the event for.  

In this example the resource scheduler is in America/Los_Angeles timezone, the resource is in America/New_York timezone.  If the resource scheduler picks 8am on the calendar, I want it to create an event at 8am in the resources timezone (America/New_York).  By default just using the datetime field it creates it in the resource schedulers timezone (as expected), and then of course the resource is seeing it as 11 am (which is not what I want).  I don't see a way to force a timezone on a datetime field. 

How can I get it to create it at 8am for America/New_York timezone if my running user is on Americ/Los_Angeles?

I've even tried updating the running users timezone to the selected resources timezone, created the event, then set the running users timezone back...but that doesn't see to work. It always creates it in whatever time zone they initally were.

I have a visualforce page that shows available resources for a specific day.  The resource scheduler will pick a date/time that a new appointment will be scheduled for (using inputField of an Event object instance startdatetime field).  They will then pick the resource that they want to schedule the event for.  

In this example the resource scheduler is in America/Los_Angeles timezone, the resource is in America/New_York timezone.  If the resource scheduler picks 8am on the calendar, I want it to create an event at 8am in the resources timezone (America/New_York).  By default just using the datetime field it creates it in the resource schedulers timezone (as expected), and then of course the resource is seeing it as 11 am (which is not what I want).  I don't see a way to force a timezone on a datetime field. 

How can I get it to create it at 8am for America/New_York timezone if my running user is on Americ/Los_Angeles?

I've even tried updating the running users timezone to the selected resources timezone, created the event, then set the running users timezone back...but that doesn't see to work. It always creates it in whatever time zone they initally were.