• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All,

I need a validation rule for a custom object with multiple record types.  Only 2 custom profiles can move a custom stage field to a value of "Complete" (regardless of record type) and 1 custom profile can move the same custom stage field to a value of "Complete" for only 1 of the record types (there are 10+).

I wanted to try to leverage a custom permission at the profile level rather than have a large block of hard coded profile ids and record type names so I started with:

ISPICKVAL(Custom_Stage_Field__c , "Complete") && 
NOT($Permission.Custom_Permission_Name)

This is fine for the first use cases (2 profiles regardless of record type) where the custom permission is enabled however the third custom profile should only move the custom stage field to complete for 1 specific record type, not all. I am sure this just needs to be updated with an OR statement for the last profile and the specific record type but I am not having any luck.  Any ideas would be great!  If anyone needs more info let me know.  Thanks!

Hi All,

I need a validation rule for a custom object with multiple record types.  Only 2 custom profiles can move a custom stage field to a value of "Complete" (regardless of record type) and 1 custom profile can move the same custom stage field to a value of "Complete" for only 1 of the record types (there are 10+).

I wanted to try to leverage a custom permission at the profile level rather than have a large block of hard coded profile ids and record type names so I started with:

ISPICKVAL(Custom_Stage_Field__c , "Complete") && 
NOT($Permission.Custom_Permission_Name)

This is fine for the first use cases (2 profiles regardless of record type) where the custom permission is enabled however the third custom profile should only move the custom stage field to complete for 1 specific record type, not all. I am sure this just needs to be updated with an OR statement for the last profile and the specific record type but I am not having any luck.  Any ideas would be great!  If anyone needs more info let me know.  Thanks!