• 20 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi everyone, this is my first post here but I've been reading quite a bit and have learned alot from these boards but have recently run into a road block that I cant seem to figure out.  Im hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I need some help with Apex coding that would allow for a cross object field update from our org's custom object "Dispos" (appt results) to update corresponding fields in the opportunity object. I have created a custom object called "dispos" that allows our sales staff to enter appointment result information from the salesforce1 app. Our salesmen are subcontractors/1099 employess and we have force.com app licenses for them which allow them to be named users as well as having limited visibility into our org but they do not have access to the opportunity object (intentionally).

When a salesman runs an appointment that has been assigned to him, we require that he creates a new dispo record and fill in the blanks of the appointment results. Because of the limitations of the force.com app license they do not have visibility into the opportunity object that is the "master" location of new leads, appointment results and sold job information. What we are hoping to achieve through Apex is that when a new dispo is created and the proper opportunity record is referenced, that the details input by the salesmen are transferred into the corresponding fields of the opportunity.

I have tried to achieve this through a standard work flow rule and field update but I cant quite get this operation to work from custom objects to the opportunity. Ive contacted salesforce about this particular business process and have been told that it will only be possible through custom apex coding.  I am fairly flexible on how we achieve the desired result but my main goal to keep our office staff from having to reenter data that is already in the system in order to keep the opportunity records accurate and up to date.
Hi everyone, this is my first post here but I've been reading quite a bit and have learned alot from these boards but have recently run into a road block that I cant seem to figure out.  Im hoping that someone might be able to point me in the right direction.

I need some help with Apex coding that would allow for a cross object field update from our org's custom object "Dispos" (appt results) to update corresponding fields in the opportunity object. I have created a custom object called "dispos" that allows our sales staff to enter appointment result information from the salesforce1 app. Our salesmen are subcontractors/1099 employess and we have force.com app licenses for them which allow them to be named users as well as having limited visibility into our org but they do not have access to the opportunity object (intentionally).

When a salesman runs an appointment that has been assigned to him, we require that he creates a new dispo record and fill in the blanks of the appointment results. Because of the limitations of the force.com app license they do not have visibility into the opportunity object that is the "master" location of new leads, appointment results and sold job information. What we are hoping to achieve through Apex is that when a new dispo is created and the proper opportunity record is referenced, that the details input by the salesmen are transferred into the corresponding fields of the opportunity.

I have tried to achieve this through a standard work flow rule and field update but I cant quite get this operation to work from custom objects to the opportunity. Ive contacted salesforce about this particular business process and have been told that it will only be possible through custom apex coding.  I am fairly flexible on how we achieve the desired result but my main goal to keep our office staff from having to reenter data that is already in the system in order to keep the opportunity records accurate and up to date.