• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

Hello,

We have a User who really misses the old ability to drag-and-drop PDF files from the browser into an email program or the desktop. This was possible with Attachments, but with the new Files Preview there is no capability for that. Is it possible somehow? 

Thanks and Best Regards,

Josh P. Hendrix

Is there any setting somewhere to use screen real-estate more efficiently in Lightning? I would like to be able to reduce the margins and padding that surround all the interface elements, and also get rid of inefficiencies like putting checkboxes on their own line. We are beginning the move to Lightning, and the large amount of margin or padding introduced creates a lot of unused white space. This becomes an issue for us because it really increases the amount of scrolling that users need to do to get to their information, and this is a drag on productivity.

I have posted this Idea in the IdeaExchange. Looking for upvotes if you're encounting the same issue: http://success.salesforce.com/ideaView?id=0873A000000COcDQAW

Here is an example of the same group of checkboxes rendered in Salesforce Classic and Lightning. The same information takes more than double the height: 
Too much white space
Hello. My users would like to be able to make edits to the text of emails created from a VisualForce template before they send them. I notice that this works with messaging:plainTextEmailBody - after the user selects the template, the email will render onscreen and allow editing. Any changes made will be sent in the email. However if you switch the tag to messaging:HTMLEmailBody, or also if you are editing an HTML email, that doesn't occur. Instead, it seems like it is possible to edit the text, but when the email is sent the edits do not get sent, only the original text from the email. Is there a workaround or a fix for this? I have read a post about setting contentEditable="true", but I have not been able to get that to work. 

Thanks for any help. 
Hello Everyone,

We have a Force.com site that will be publicly available (no login needed). I am looking for information on what cookies Salesforce.com will be setting, in order to understand whether we need to put up a notice in order to comply with the laws in the EU requiring consent before using cookies. So far I see that Salesforce sets a BrowserID cookie. Is it documented anywhere what other cookies are set for Force.com sites (publicly available) and what they are used for?

So far it looks ilke there are exceptions where certain kinds of cookies don't require notification. (This info is from Cookiepedia: http://cookiepedia.co.uk/cookie-law-compliance-guidance, and http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/documentation/opinion-recommendation/files/2012/wp194_en.pdf)

CRITERION A: the cookie is used “for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network”.
CRITERION B: the cookie is “strictly necessary in order for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide the service”.

There doesn't seem to be much on the web or in the documentation on this specific topic.

Thanks,
JP
Hello. My users would like to be able to make edits to the text of emails created from a VisualForce template before they send them. I notice that this works with messaging:plainTextEmailBody - after the user selects the template, the email will render onscreen and allow editing. Any changes made will be sent in the email. However if you switch the tag to messaging:HTMLEmailBody, or also if you are editing an HTML email, that doesn't occur. Instead, it seems like it is possible to edit the text, but when the email is sent the edits do not get sent, only the original text from the email. Is there a workaround or a fix for this? I have read a post about setting contentEditable="true", but I have not been able to get that to work. 

Thanks for any help. 

Hello,

We have a User who really misses the old ability to drag-and-drop PDF files from the browser into an email program or the desktop. This was possible with Attachments, but with the new Files Preview there is no capability for that. Is it possible somehow? 

Thanks and Best Regards,

Josh P. Hendrix

I have a custom Visual Force page, but it always there is a padding around the VF page that is quite noticeable in the Lightning experience. Note the white area around the VF page in the attached screenshot. It seems like a standard setting in lightning to have such padding for a visual force page. Is there a way to remove/overwrite this padding please?User-added image
Hi all, 

Our org is leaning on Apex more and more to solve particular problems. Personally I go to code as a last resort since I am a button-click admin and declarative automations are a lot easier for me to maintain, but sometimes it's the only way. 

Anyhow, now that we are building up a decent amount of Apex code I want to document this thoroughly. 

Both so other people can easily see what has happened, and so that I can easily answer the question, 

"do we have any apex code that touches ______" 

And just basically so I can keep my house in order. 

Anyways, I am wondering if anyone has any best practices, samples, or templates about how you document your code? 

In fact, documentation of workflows and anything else would be of interest to, because we don't do any of that right now. 

I figured some smart people out there have figured this out before, so why should I reinvent the wheel! :) 

Appreciate anything you can share. 
Hello Everyone,

We have a Force.com site that will be publicly available (no login needed). I am looking for information on what cookies Salesforce.com will be setting, in order to understand whether we need to put up a notice in order to comply with the laws in the EU requiring consent before using cookies. So far I see that Salesforce sets a BrowserID cookie. Is it documented anywhere what other cookies are set for Force.com sites (publicly available) and what they are used for?

So far it looks ilke there are exceptions where certain kinds of cookies don't require notification. (This info is from Cookiepedia: http://cookiepedia.co.uk/cookie-law-compliance-guidance, and http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/article-29/documentation/opinion-recommendation/files/2012/wp194_en.pdf)

CRITERION A: the cookie is used “for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network”.
CRITERION B: the cookie is “strictly necessary in order for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide the service”.

There doesn't seem to be much on the web or in the documentation on this specific topic.

Thanks,
JP