• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm working on settign up SSO for a client, and I've reached an impasse.  I used this document to get their org setup:  https://developer.salesforce.com/page/Implementing_Single_Sign-On_Across_Multiple_Organizations

I provided them with the Entity ID I created and the ACS URL as well.  They've now sent back a metadata file, but I'm at a complete loss with what to do with the file and on how to test to confirm the setup was done correctly.

Any help would be much appreciated!
When creating a new project (Custom Object = Project), there are three text fields (Accounting Question 1, Accounting Question 2, Accounting Question 3) displayed.

These fields are setup as read only text fields on the Project Object:

User-added image

If a user hits enter but is unable to submit the record because of a validation rule or field requirement, those fields disappear.

User-added image

Thoughts on why this is happening?  Ideas on how to fix this?  A custom VF page with field set controls is used for this page.
1. Brief description of the issue:

We have a field set that is used to drive the fields displayed on an external site view page accessible by the guest user. The field set contains fields to which the guest user does not have read access, but they are still visible on the site.

4. Exact replication steps:

The fields have been removed from the field set, so they will need to be added first (client is okay with this).

1. Setup > Create > Objects > Project Task > Field Sets > Gantt Mouseover
2. Add Estimated Hours and Entered Hours to the Field Set
3. Save Field Set

1. Navigate to External View for a Project (http://bluewaterlearning.force.com/externalprojectview?id=a0Yd0000006CTHg)
2. Scroll to Gantt Chart
3. Hover mouse over project task bar within the Gantt chart)
4. View Estimated Hours and Entered Hours Fields

To confirm Security:

1. Navigate to Site to view Public Access Users. Setup > Develop > Sites > CloudCoach Project View > Public Access Settings
2. Scroll to Field Level Security for Project Tasks and note that no access has been granted to the Entered Hours or Estimated Hours fields

1. Navigate to Site to view Public Access Users. Setup > Develop > Sites > CloudCoach Project View > Public Access Settings > View Users > Site Guest User > Permission Sets > CCPE | Minimum User Permissions for External View.
2. Under Object Settings, open the Project Task object and note that no access has been granted to the Estimated Hours or Entered Hours fields.
We've attempted to setup a private sharing model for Projects (and subsequently Phases and Tasks because of the master detail relationship), and we're running into issues.

Our application has three Apex Sharing rules that should open up tasks, phases, and projects when users are 'assigned' to project tasks. This has worked in the past, but it no longer works as anticipated.

Background information on the application:

When users are 'assigned' to tasks, a work record (record type = time entry) is created. When logged in as an admin, you'll see in this report that the base user has been assigned to two separate projects.

When you login as the base user, first go to the Projects tab, and choose to view all projects. You'll see one project, but not the other.  Then, select the My Assignments page. You'll see the assignments for one project, but not the other.  Basically, what this means is that the records are being created.  The sharing is just no longer taking place.

This has not been an issue before the Summer '14 release, so I wonder if this could be related? Have there been changes to the sharing settings within the SF platform that could be impacting the apex sharing rules in our package?

Thanks for the help.
When creating a new project (Custom Object = Project), there are three text fields (Accounting Question 1, Accounting Question 2, Accounting Question 3) displayed.

These fields are setup as read only text fields on the Project Object:

User-added image

If a user hits enter but is unable to submit the record because of a validation rule or field requirement, those fields disappear.

User-added image

Thoughts on why this is happening?  Ideas on how to fix this?  A custom VF page with field set controls is used for this page.
1. Brief description of the issue:

We have a field set that is used to drive the fields displayed on an external site view page accessible by the guest user. The field set contains fields to which the guest user does not have read access, but they are still visible on the site.

4. Exact replication steps:

The fields have been removed from the field set, so they will need to be added first (client is okay with this).

1. Setup > Create > Objects > Project Task > Field Sets > Gantt Mouseover
2. Add Estimated Hours and Entered Hours to the Field Set
3. Save Field Set

1. Navigate to External View for a Project (http://bluewaterlearning.force.com/externalprojectview?id=a0Yd0000006CTHg)
2. Scroll to Gantt Chart
3. Hover mouse over project task bar within the Gantt chart)
4. View Estimated Hours and Entered Hours Fields

To confirm Security:

1. Navigate to Site to view Public Access Users. Setup > Develop > Sites > CloudCoach Project View > Public Access Settings
2. Scroll to Field Level Security for Project Tasks and note that no access has been granted to the Entered Hours or Estimated Hours fields

1. Navigate to Site to view Public Access Users. Setup > Develop > Sites > CloudCoach Project View > Public Access Settings > View Users > Site Guest User > Permission Sets > CCPE | Minimum User Permissions for External View.
2. Under Object Settings, open the Project Task object and note that no access has been granted to the Estimated Hours or Entered Hours fields.