• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi guys,
I need a push in the right direction. 
I have a table with a field that contains a code. I'll call this the "code field".
I need to automatically fill another field: I need to calculate a "password" based on that code. So I'll call this the "password field". Every time the "code field" changes, the "password field" needs to change. 
The method to calculate the password requires complex code. In its current form, it's more than 10 pages, with a lot of for-next-things and so on.
So the simple formulae editor will not suffice. I need a Java or C#-like language.
I've looked to Apex and VisualForce the past few days, but I can't get my head around it, I still don't know how to start.
Can someone push me in the right direction?
Another important question: I'm testing this out with a free developer Account. In the development console, I can create new Apex classes and so on.
But in the account I use from my business, I can't create a new Apex class. It's a Group Edition account (we have a few Group Edition accounts). Why is this? 
Thanks a lot in advance,
Leen
Hi guys,
I need a push in the right direction. 
I have a table with a field that contains a code. I'll call this the "code field".
I need to automatically fill another field: I need to calculate a "password" based on that code. So I'll call this the "password field". Every time the "code field" changes, the "password field" needs to change. 
The method to calculate the password requires complex code. In its current form, it's more than 10 pages, with a lot of for-next-things and so on.
So the simple formulae editor will not suffice. I need a Java or C#-like language.
I've looked to Apex and VisualForce the past few days, but I can't get my head around it, I still don't know how to start.
Can someone push me in the right direction?
Another important question: I'm testing this out with a free developer Account. In the development console, I can create new Apex classes and so on.
But in the account I use from my business, I can't create a new Apex class. It's a Group Edition account (we have a few Group Edition accounts). Why is this? 
Thanks a lot in advance,
Leen