• 10 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi, I'm having trouble creating or upserting a junction object via the API, the object is custom.
The problem seems to be restricted to junction objects (when it has 2 Master-detail relationships in it), because any other type of custom object works perfectly fine.

Here's a successful XML request :

<soap:Body>
<sforce:upsert xmlns:sforce="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com" xmlns:sfons="urn:sobject.partner.soap.sforce.com">
  <sforce:externalIDFieldName xsi:type="xsd:string">ID</sforce:externalIDFieldName>
  <sObjects xsi:type="sforce:AcctAttnAssoc__c">
   <sforce:AttendanceDetails__c xsi:type="xsd:string">a194000000040deAAA</sforce:AttendanceDetails__c>
   <sforce:Name xsi:type="xsd:string">randomname</sforce:Name>
   <sforce:Account__c xsi:type="xsd:string">0014000000rE6moAAC</sforce:Account__c>
  </sObjects>
</sforce:upsert>
</soap:Body>

And here's an unsuccessful XML request:

<sforce:upsert xmlns:sforce="urn:partner.soap.sforce.com" xmlns:sfons="urn:sobject.partner.soap.sforce.com">
  <sforce:externalIDFieldName xsi:type="xsd:string">ID</sforce:externalIDFieldName>
  <sObjects xsi:type="sforce:Attendance_Log__c">
   <sforce:Attendance__c xsi:type="xsd:string">a1340000008DlmxAAC</sforce:Attendance__c>
  </sObjects>

As mentioned before, the only difference is that AcctAttnAssoc__c has 2 Master-detail relationships in it (Attendance__c & Account__c).
The error I get back is:

Fatal error: INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'AcctAttnAssoc__c' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

Please let me know if you need any more details, thanks.
Hi,

I couldn't find an answer for this.

I'm trying to extend the PersonAccount objects with a custom object called "Attendance Logs", this "Attendance Logs" object is a collection of  N "Attendance".
I want to be able to view the details of the Attendances in the PersonAccount page layout.
No matter what I've tried, I can't seem to be able to get those details on a related list at the PersonAccount level.

I've tried different combinations, the closest to work seems to be:

"Attendance" has a Master-Details relationship to "Attendance Log"
That allows "Attendance Log" to have a related list where I can view the details of each "Attendance".

"Attendance Log" is then related to an Account as Master-Details or Lookup, the related list generated only has details at the "Attendance Log" level, is not possible to view the details for each "Attendance"...

What is the setup required to display a related list 2 levels down?
e.g. PersonAccount -> Attendance Log -> Attendances
so the PersonAccount can show details for the Attendances.

If you want an example of something similar, the iContact integration is using "iContact Sent Message" and "iContact Message Statistic".

Many Thanks

Hi, I'm having trouble creating or upserting a junction object via the API, the object is custom.
The problem seems to be restricted to junction objects (when it has 2 Master-detail relationships in it), because any other type of custom object works perfectly fine.

Here's a successful XML request :

<sObjects xsi:type="sforce:AcctAttnAssoc__c">
   <sforce:AttendanceDetails__c xsi:type="xsd:string">a194000000040deAAA</sforce:AttendanceDetails__c>
  </sObjects>

And here's an unsuccessful XML request:

<sObjects xsi:type="sforce:Attendance_Log__c">
   <sforce:Attendance__c xsi:type="xsd:string">a1340000008DlmxAAC</sforce:Attendance__c>
  </sObjects>

As mentioned before, the only difference is that AcctAttnAssoc__c has 2 Master-detail relationships in it (Attendance__c & Account__c).
The error I get back is:

Fatal error: INVALID_TYPE: sObject type 'AcctAttnAssoc__c' is not supported. If you are attempting to use a custom object, be sure to append the '__c' after the entity name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.

Please let me know if you need any more details, thanks.
Hi,

I couldn't find an answer for this.

I'm trying to extend the PersonAccount objects with a custom object called "Attendance Logs", this "Attendance Logs" object is a collection of  N "Attendance".
I want to be able to view the details of the Attendances in the PersonAccount page layout.
No matter what I've tried, I can't seem to be able to get those details on a related list at the PersonAccount level.

I've tried different combinations, the closest to work seems to be:

"Attendance" has a Master-Details relationship to "Attendance Log"
That allows "Attendance Log" to have a related list where I can view the details of each "Attendance".

"Attendance Log" is then related to an Account as Master-Details or Lookup, the related list generated only has details at the "Attendance Log" level, is not possible to view the details for each "Attendance"...

What is the setup required to display a related list 2 levels down?
e.g. PersonAccount -> Attendance Log -> Attendances
so the PersonAccount can show details for the Attendances.

If you want an example of something similar, the iContact integration is using "iContact Sent Message" and "iContact Message Statistic".

Many Thanks