• 30 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I've recently started working with Salesforce, so this is all still pretty new to me. I just got OAuth working with the PHP Toolkit, and I'm not able to perform queries. Great! The trouble is I'm a little perplexed by what I'm getting.

In any Records object, I'm getting three fields: Id, any, and type. Id and type make sense, but any seems to be xml for every non-id column I've queried.. I am using the Partners.wsdl, and I understand it's loosely typed. Is this a consequence of using that? It's just unfortunate that I'll have to parse every value for every object. That can result in a  lot of overhead.

Thanks for any and all advice!
Greetings!

I'm working on integrating a Wordpress site with Salesforce (not just leads and cases). And I'm finding (https://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/api_rest/) that it seems like the only way to use the api is with either an oauth token or salesforce session id. The problem with this is that it requires the integration to work from user sessions, but I'd like it to work for non-logged in users and also forego the token redirect process.

The web-to-lead applet offers something like this, but only for leads and cases.

If I have to use OAuth, is it bad practice to have the user provide the credentials then store the token in the database for all future use? The same token would then be used for every purpose. Would the token have a lifespan by default?

Thanks for any and all input! :)
Greetings!

My apologies of this is against OAuth protocol (and let me know if it is), but I'm new ot OAuth.

Is it possible to simply do an HTTP GET for the token, rather than having to specify a redirect uri? It would just simplify the process if it were possible to retrieve the token and keep moving along, rather than que the process and wait for the callback.

Thanks!
Greetings!

My apologies of this is against OAuth protocol (and let me know if it is), but I'm new ot OAuth.

Is it possible to simply do an HTTP GET for the token, rather than having to specify a redirect uri? It would just simplify the process if it were possible to retrieve the token and keep moving along, rather than que the process and wait for the callback.

Thanks!