• 20 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm using Partner API call to fetch various properties of field like field label, api name, data type. Along with these, I also would need to fetch field description but didn't find any method to fetching this particulr info.

Java code snip:

DescribeGlobalResult describeGlobalResult=partnerConnection.describeGlobal();                
DescribeGlobalSObjectResult[] sObjResults=describeGlobalResult.getSobjects();
Field[] fObjArray=sObjResult.getFields();
for(Field fObj:fObjArray){
System.out.println(fObj.getLabel()+ " "+fObj.getName());
}

Thanks in advance!
Hi Hives,

I would require to list of all tab displays on profile details page. DescribeTabs returns tabs that accessible to logged-in user. 

Is there any way to get list of Tab name/lable using API call?

Thanks,
Jitendra Jangid
Hi Hives,
I'm fetching custom app setting information using metadata API for n profile(s). N can be one or more. I'm getting all information as per expectation but problem is that it's taking too much time to fetch as it fetches all information related to the profile such as tab setting in addition to custom app setting. Average timing is 3 minutes for 10 profiles. Normally we have to fetch information for more than 100 profiles.

Snip of code:
//cProfileORPermissionSets = String array of profiles 
ReadResult metaDataResult=metaDataConnection.readMetadata("Profile", cProfileORPermissionSets);

Is there anyway to fetch only custom app setting  for a profile using any API call?

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

We are trying to retrieve custom app setting using SOQL via Partner API and able to retrieve all information except default selected app for particular profile. We have googled it but didn't find any info around this.

Below objects have been used to retrieve custom app setting:
  + AppMenuItems: To retrieve app name
  + SetupEntityAccess & PermissionSet: To find out whether an app is visible to a profile 
We didn't find any field that has this info whether an app is a default app for a particular profile or not .
Query: Any idea which object would have this info?
Any pointer around this would be helpful. 

Thanks in advance ! 
I'm using Partner API call to fetch various properties of field like field label, api name, data type. Along with these, I also would need to fetch field description but didn't find any method to fetching this particulr info.

Java code snip:

DescribeGlobalResult describeGlobalResult=partnerConnection.describeGlobal();                
DescribeGlobalSObjectResult[] sObjResults=describeGlobalResult.getSobjects();
Field[] fObjArray=sObjResult.getFields();
for(Field fObj:fObjArray){
System.out.println(fObj.getLabel()+ " "+fObj.getName());
}

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

We are trying to retrieve custom app setting using SOQL via Partner API and able to retrieve all information except default selected app for particular profile. We have googled it but didn't find any info around this.

Below objects have been used to retrieve custom app setting:
  + AppMenuItems: To retrieve app name
  + SetupEntityAccess & PermissionSet: To find out whether an app is visible to a profile 
We didn't find any field that has this info whether an app is a default app for a particular profile or not .
Query: Any idea which object would have this info?
Any pointer around this would be helpful. 

Thanks in advance !