• 30 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have a field on the Contact form called One Property Owned. This field will be updated in a list view so that one person can go through all of them in a fell swoop. There are two other custom objects one named Property, this is the lookup on the contact. They lookup the property name and it associates. In order to have a one to many association we have another object called Ownership, very simple it has the contact as a lookup and the Property as a lookup then puts them in a related list. So I need to create a trigger when the property lookup field One Property Owned, that will create an ownership object with the property in the looking and the contact associated. I have written quick ones to create cases, off an account but that is about it. If someone could get me on the right path I could probably figure it out. Thanks in advance for any direction. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I know there used to be a free app out there that would geocode your objects.  I can't find that any more, any suggestions to geocode both our accounts and contacts, but also custom objects? 

Thank you,
Michael
I have a field on a detail (object name called spaces) record called size (this is the size of the apartment).  So I have one record that says 4, another that says 2 another that says 1 and so on, usually around 40 or 50.  I need to find a way to show on the master record how many 2's and how many 4's etc for each.  The final outcome on the master should be something like this.  Total 44, Total 2 bedrooms (amount calculated say 4) total 3 bedrooms (amount calc say 5) and so on and so on.  I have no idea how to even attack this one, not even sure where to start.

Thank you very much in advance.
I have a trigger all I want to do is make field a equal to field b when the document is saved.  The first feild (name) which is the standard feild is a required field.  When I try to save this it says needs = in line 2 column 30.  I dont know what I am doing wrong. Thank you for your help!

Trigger updateFields on  McLabs2__Property__c (before update) {
     for (McLabs2__Property__c : trigger.new){
     Name = McLabs2__Property_Address__c;
    }
}
I was just wondering if anyone setup a nice spreadsheet for mapping out your custom fields.  I know I can easily create one for a new implamentation just thought if someone had a tried and true layout that would be helpful and I would not forget important items when planning them out.

Thank you!
We have a field on the Contact form called One Property Owned. This field will be updated in a list view so that one person can go through all of them in a fell swoop. There are two other custom objects one named Property, this is the lookup on the contact. They lookup the property name and it associates. In order to have a one to many association we have another object called Ownership, very simple it has the contact as a lookup and the Property as a lookup then puts them in a related list. So I need to create a trigger when the property lookup field One Property Owned, that will create an ownership object with the property in the looking and the contact associated. I have written quick ones to create cases, off an account but that is about it. If someone could get me on the right path I could probably figure it out. Thanks in advance for any direction. Any help is greatly appreciated.
I have a field on a detail (object name called spaces) record called size (this is the size of the apartment).  So I have one record that says 4, another that says 2 another that says 1 and so on, usually around 40 or 50.  I need to find a way to show on the master record how many 2's and how many 4's etc for each.  The final outcome on the master should be something like this.  Total 44, Total 2 bedrooms (amount calculated say 4) total 3 bedrooms (amount calc say 5) and so on and so on.  I have no idea how to even attack this one, not even sure where to start.

Thank you very much in advance.
I have a trigger all I want to do is make field a equal to field b when the document is saved.  The first feild (name) which is the standard feild is a required field.  When I try to save this it says needs = in line 2 column 30.  I dont know what I am doing wrong. Thank you for your help!

Trigger updateFields on  McLabs2__Property__c (before update) {
     for (McLabs2__Property__c : trigger.new){
     Name = McLabs2__Property_Address__c;
    }
}