• 10 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to override the Edit functionality on a related list on an object with a Visualforce page. My issue is that there is only 1 override to the standard Edit link for an Object for ALL users (internal or external) and it wants to launch the same Visualforce page regardless of if you are in the standard salesforce instance (internal user) or if you are in a Partner Community (external user).

This is a problem because links to internal visualforce URLs need to be "/apex/VisualforcePageName" where external pages need to just be "VisualforcePageName". For example the full URL would look like http://na2.salesforce.com/apex/VisualforcePageName for internal and for the community site it would be http://mydomain.force.com/sitename/VisualforcePageName .

Specifially my code is using a Javascript to open a new window with a relative link:
<script>
        window.onload = newPage();
        var popUp;
        function newPage()
        {
            if ({!ContinueForm} == true)
            {
                popUp = window.open('/apex/VisualforcePageName?cid={!ConfigId}');
                if (popUp == null || typeof(popUp)=='undefined') 
                {   
                    alert('Please disable your pop-up blocker or allow pop-ups from "{!URLInfo}" and click link again.'); 
                }
            }
            redirectPage();
        }
</script>

If there is another way to open a link to a visualforce page in a New Window (for both Internal and Community) I am ok going that route too instead of trying to modify the URL.

Thanks!
I am trying to use the Web-to-Case function to allow people to submit support requests from my website. The Web-to-Lead seems to work well, but it is all new info the user is posting. I am trying to have it pull up a user's account and associated info to log a case. It seems to pull all the Contact and Account info from the Email address pretty well, EXCEPT: I need the user to be able to specify which one of a related object the New Case submission is for.

My use case is I have a custom object for the products we sell and they have a serial number that identifies each unit. I want to pull which serial number they are requesting support on based on a field they fill in on the Web-to-Case (a Serial # field filled in on the form by a user).

I have tried to use the same tricks as creating a custom button with URLs that use the "CF" prefix and the "_lkid" suffix on the unique field name but have had no luck with it passing the filled info into the lookup field on the actual case that is created.

I saw an old case from 2008 that said you can't do lookups and I am hoping SFDC has progressed since then or someone has found a work around. I tried doing a Workflow rule, but you can't update lookup fields either.

Any help anyone can give?

Thanks in advance!
I am trying to create a field that shows consolidated address information based on which field has information in it. Show the Shipping Address unless it is blank, then show the Billing Address. I want to make several separate fields - Address, City, State, ZIP, Country. I am getting the error: "Formula result is data type (Location), incompatible with expected data type (Text)".

My formula is: IF(  ISBLANK( ShippingAddress ) ,  BillingAddress , ShippingAddress)

There is no option in Formula to make the type "Location" only "Text".

Any help on how to make the formula would be appreciated.
Hi everyone,

We are working on a beta release for an AppExchange product, and I am installing the managed package in various dev orgs. I have noticed that if I select "Install for Admins Only" during setup, all elements are installed with access given only to System Administrator users, but if I later reinstall the same package and select "Install for All Users," nothing changes. If I install the package in a new org and select "Install for All Users," then all users are given access to the package. Is this how things are supposed to be?

Example:
I install the managed package and select "Install for Admins Only"
The field security for the custom field faxType on the Case object is set to Visible for the System Administrator profile only
I then reinstall the managed package and select "Install for All Users."
Salesforce gives the message "Installing and granting access for all users," but the field security on faxType remains Visible for System Administrators only.
If I want to grant all users access to the package, I have to first uninstall it.

I did a quick test by creating a small managed package with a single field, and I got the same results.

Is this right? If not, then what could be the reason for this behavior?
I am trying to override the Edit functionality on a related list on an object with a Visualforce page. My issue is that there is only 1 override to the standard Edit link for an Object for ALL users (internal or external) and it wants to launch the same Visualforce page regardless of if you are in the standard salesforce instance (internal user) or if you are in a Partner Community (external user).

This is a problem because links to internal visualforce URLs need to be "/apex/VisualforcePageName" where external pages need to just be "VisualforcePageName". For example the full URL would look like http://na2.salesforce.com/apex/VisualforcePageName for internal and for the community site it would be http://mydomain.force.com/sitename/VisualforcePageName .

Specifially my code is using a Javascript to open a new window with a relative link:
<script>
        window.onload = newPage();
        var popUp;
        function newPage()
        {
            if ({!ContinueForm} == true)
            {
                popUp = window.open('/apex/VisualforcePageName?cid={!ConfigId}');
                if (popUp == null || typeof(popUp)=='undefined') 
                {   
                    alert('Please disable your pop-up blocker or allow pop-ups from "{!URLInfo}" and click link again.'); 
                }
            }
            redirectPage();
        }
</script>

If there is another way to open a link to a visualforce page in a New Window (for both Internal and Community) I am ok going that route too instead of trying to modify the URL.

Thanks!
I am trying to create a field that shows consolidated address information based on which field has information in it. Show the Shipping Address unless it is blank, then show the Billing Address. I want to make several separate fields - Address, City, State, ZIP, Country. I am getting the error: "Formula result is data type (Location), incompatible with expected data type (Text)".

My formula is: IF(  ISBLANK( ShippingAddress ) ,  BillingAddress , ShippingAddress)

There is no option in Formula to make the type "Location" only "Text".

Any help on how to make the formula would be appreciated.

HI Guys,

You can avoid using the server name by using relative link : https://na1.salesforce.com/00Oz0000000xxxx

should not include https://na1.salesforce.com. Instead we should use:
/00Oz0000000xxxx

Any idea on how this works for content files??

So How do I replace this to avoid the NA1 Server?

https://c.na1.content.force.com/servlet/servlet.FileDownload?file=00Oz0000000xxxx

Thank you

• August 02, 2012