• 40 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We would like to color code the tabs that are pushed from Omni Channel to our users console from Cases. We would like the end user to be able to know which tab was pushed and which was opened manually by the end user. Any suggestions as to where to start, I don't need anyone to write it for me just some links or suggestions as to where to start. Thank you!
I am not sure how to write this, however, I need a validation rule that does not allow a user to save the record.

Here are the feilds and the criteria I am not sure how to start, the first two are picklists the third is a T/F checkbox, fourth is a date.

X1st_Customer_Attempt__c 
X2nd_Customer_Attempt__c
Customer_Returned_Call__c
Date_Customer_Reached__c

If 1st attempt and 2nd attempt are set to no and customer returned call is set to false then the date customer reached HAS to be empty.  And in another set of circumstances if the date customer reached and all three of the fields above are blank they need to choose when they reached the customer.  It is a bit confusing so I am not sure where to start.  Thank you very much in advance for any suggestions.  I can do basic validation rules just the multiple options I am not sure how to write.

I was wondering if anyone could help direct me, I have a need for a section that needs to grow as more information is added, very much like the case comments, however, it needs a status also. So it would need the date , then an option for drop down ie. Risk, Raid, Save, Loss, then a comment for that entry.  This would need to grown each time one is added could be one could be 10. I am assuming you can do this in VF, I was hoping someone could help point me the right direction.  THANK YOU

Michael
Need user to pick day and month not year such as 03/15 this is the date something occurs every year. So this report needs to be filed every year on March 15th, do not want the year because it does not matter in any way what so ever, it would actual be a hinderance. I am not sure how to do this, can you do this?

Thanks in advance.
I realize this is more of feedback not a question, just wondering if anyone who has used it found any interresting facts they would like to share. Any limits? Big issues?  How do you like it? Is it as easy as the demo (okay that was a stupid question nothing is really as easy as the demo).  We are looking to connect to our ERP system so that our sales and service can see the customers orders at least at this point.  

Thanks for any feedback!
I am not sure how to accomplish this, however, our CS\TS would like to create an opportunity directly from the case. I can find a million ways to do it the other way around, but not sure how to do this from a case.  Can you do a url hack? Or JS button?  I would rather not use APEX but can if that is the only option.

Thank you very much.
trigger PropOwned on Contact (after update) {
for (Contact c : Trigger.new){
McLabs2__Ownership__c ownNew= new McLabs2__Ownership__c();
Contact oldContact = Trigger.oldMap.get(c.id);
if (c.One_Prop_Owned__c != oldContact.One_Prop_Owned__c && c.One_Prop_Owned__c != null){
ownNew.McLabs2__Contact__c = c.id;
ownNew.McLabs2__Property__c = c.One_Prop_Owned__c;
insert ownNew;
}
}
}

This is the trigger, I need to move it into production. I was able to write a test class that created a new ownership, but then I realized that was not correct.  I have tried a million different things and none have worked.  This was my original, that obviously didn't work I realize it is because I need to create a contact record and then update it, just don't know how.

Thank you very much in advance.

@isTest
public class TestOwnership {
    static testMethod void createOwnership() {
     McLabs2__Ownership__c ownNew= new McLabs2__Ownership__c();
     ownNew.McLabs2__Contact__c = 'Michael Webb';
     ownNew.McLabs2__Property__c = '131 West 33rd Street';
     insert ownNew;
     }
    }

Thanks again!
I have a trigger that will create a Ownership Record when a field is populated on the contact. It takes that field and the contact and creates the association and adds it to the related list.  It is working pretty well except the first time it runs ie. when the field is empty and I put in a value (lookup from the property object) it creates 2 Ownership records. Every other time it only creates one. I do not want the trigger to run if the field is empty obviously because then it would not be able to create the record. I am not sure what I am doing wrong here.  Any help is very much appreciated. 

rigger PropOwned on Contact (after update) {
        for (Contact c : Trigger.new){
        Contact oldContact = Trigger.oldMap.get(c.id);
        if (c.One_Prop_Owned__c != oldContact.One_Prop_Owned__c)
        if (c.One_Prop_Owned__c == null || c.One_Prop_Owned__c == c.One_Prop_Owned__c){
        ownNew.McLabs2__Contact__c = c.id;
        ownNew.McLabs2__Property__c = c.One_Prop_Owned__c;
        insert ownNew;
        }
    }
}
I am not sure how to accomplish this, however, our CS\TS would like to create an opportunity directly from the case. I can find a million ways to do it the other way around, but not sure how to do this from a case.  Can you do a url hack? Or JS button?  I would rather not use APEX but can if that is the only option.

Thank you very much.
trigger PropOwned on Contact (after update) {
for (Contact c : Trigger.new){
McLabs2__Ownership__c ownNew= new McLabs2__Ownership__c();
Contact oldContact = Trigger.oldMap.get(c.id);
if (c.One_Prop_Owned__c != oldContact.One_Prop_Owned__c && c.One_Prop_Owned__c != null){
ownNew.McLabs2__Contact__c = c.id;
ownNew.McLabs2__Property__c = c.One_Prop_Owned__c;
insert ownNew;
}
}
}

This is the trigger, I need to move it into production. I was able to write a test class that created a new ownership, but then I realized that was not correct.  I have tried a million different things and none have worked.  This was my original, that obviously didn't work I realize it is because I need to create a contact record and then update it, just don't know how.

Thank you very much in advance.

@isTest
public class TestOwnership {
    static testMethod void createOwnership() {
     ownNew.McLabs2__Contact__c = 'Michael Webb';
     ownNew.McLabs2__Property__c = '131 West 33rd Street';
     insert ownNew;
     }
    }

Thanks again!
I have a trigger that will create a Ownership Record when a field is populated on the contact. It takes that field and the contact and creates the association and adds it to the related list.  It is working pretty well except the first time it runs ie. when the field is empty and I put in a value (lookup from the property object) it creates 2 Ownership records. Every other time it only creates one. I do not want the trigger to run if the field is empty obviously because then it would not be able to create the record. I am not sure what I am doing wrong here.  Any help is very much appreciated. 

rigger PropOwned on Contact (after update) {
        for (Contact c : Trigger.new){
        Contact oldContact = Trigger.oldMap.get(c.id);
        if (c.One_Prop_Owned__c != oldContact.One_Prop_Owned__c)
        if (c.One_Prop_Owned__c == null || c.One_Prop_Owned__c == c.One_Prop_Owned__c){
        ownNew.McLabs2__Contact__c = c.id;
        ownNew.McLabs2__Property__c = c.One_Prop_Owned__c;
        insert ownNew;
        }
    }
}