• 0 Points
  • Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I've created a Visualforce page (and simple getter/setter class) that hosts a Flow and renders a couple of dataTables by passing sObject Collection variable data to the page. One thing I'm trying to do that would really enhance the flow is to pass a couple of boolean or text variables from the flow to the VF page and use them as the "rendered=" value of each dataTable to turn them on and off from within the flow.

I've created a variable in the VF page:
<apex:variable var="renderPanel" value="{!myflow.RenderContactsPanel}"></apex:variable>

For the datatable, I plug that variable into the "rendered=" parameter:
​<apex:dataTable value="{!myflow.sc_ContactsInAccount}" var="contact" rowClasses="odd,even" border="1" cellpadding="4" rendered="{!renderPanel}" >
In the flow itself, RenderContactsPanel is a variable set to "true" or "false" at different points in the flow, depending on where the flow is using an Assignment logic. I've tried the RenderContactsPanel variable as both a boolean and a text variable (when text, it gets assigned to a Text Template with content="true" or "false") and regardless, the dataTable remains unrendered.

Any insight on the correct approach to this problem would be appreciated.
I've created a Visualforce page (and simple getter/setter class) that hosts a Flow and renders a couple of dataTables by passing sObject Collection variable data to the page. One thing I'm trying to do that would really enhance the flow is to pass a couple of boolean or text variables from the flow to the VF page and use them as the "rendered=" value of each dataTable to turn them on and off from within the flow.

I've created a variable in the VF page:
<apex:variable var="renderPanel" value="{!myflow.RenderContactsPanel}"></apex:variable>

For the datatable, I plug that variable into the "rendered=" parameter:
​<apex:dataTable value="{!myflow.sc_ContactsInAccount}" var="contact" rowClasses="odd,even" border="1" cellpadding="4" rendered="{!renderPanel}" >
In the flow itself, RenderContactsPanel is a variable set to "true" or "false" at different points in the flow, depending on where the flow is using an Assignment logic. I've tried the RenderContactsPanel variable as both a boolean and a text variable (when text, it gets assigned to a Text Template with content="true" or "false") and regardless, the dataTable remains unrendered.

Any insight on the correct approach to this problem would be appreciated.