• Member since 2014

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I'd be very grateful if someone could help me with my query. (Note that I'm a Salesforce newbie). I've imported data from an external public service reports system. I cleaned the data in the csv and created a new custom object in SF before I imported the csv using the Apex data loader. The import was successful but I can't find the data!

I have a new lookup field in 'Case' to connect to the new custom object but I think it should be the other way around?

The end goal is to be able to view all reports that I imported with their custom fields correctly mapped and then also to be able to create new 'Cases', but with all the new fields available to me to input information...in other words "I want to replace Cases with my new custom object called 'Incidents'. I then wish to assign staff in different depots to these cases/incidents, but that's at a later stage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

Stephen

P.S. I can send you a small sample of the csv I imported if that helps? 
Hi,

I'd be very grateful if someone could help me with my query. (Note that I'm a Salesforce newbie). I've imported data from an external public service reports system. I cleaned the data in the csv and created a new custom object in SF before I imported the csv using the Apex data loader. The import was successful but I can't find the data!

I have a new lookup field in 'Case' to connect to the new custom object but I think it should be the other way around?

The end goal is to be able to view all reports that I imported with their custom fields correctly mapped and then also to be able to create new 'Cases', but with all the new fields available to me to input information...in other words "I want to replace Cases with my new custom object called 'Incidents'. I then wish to assign staff in different depots to these cases/incidents, but that's at a later stage.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you,

Stephen

P.S. I can send you a small sample of the csv I imported if that helps?