• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I want to create a record for a  custom object, If I click on save for the first time, it shows the error as  "ERROR: Attempt to de-reference a null object" and if I click on "save"  one more time(not changing any field values), it doesn't shows error and record was successfully created.

Can anyone tell me why this error occurs for the first time i click on save and not for the second time i click on "save" on visualforce page???

Thanks.
In a custom object I have a dependent picklist, and I have provided field level access(read/write) through permission sets. If i provide Read&write permission for Dependent field and only Read permission permission for Controlling field, I got the below error while loading the page.

ERROR: "The dependent picklist 'Dependentfield' requires its controlling field 'Controllingfield' to be present on the page."

Can anyone tell is this is the standard behaviour of salesforce or i need not do anything to make it work fine?

Thanks in advance.
In a custom object I have a dependent picklist, and I have provided field level access(read/write) through permission sets. If i provide Read&write permission for Dependent field and only Read permission permission for Controlling field, I got the below error while loading the page.

ERROR: "The dependent picklist 'Dependentfield' requires its controlling field 'Controllingfield' to be present on the page."

Can anyone tell is this is the standard behaviour of salesforce or i need not do anything to make it work fine?

Thanks in advance.