• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Here is my scenario
  • Use a Fast Lookup Element To Query a custom object called "Assignment" that meet certain filter criteria
  • Store in a SObject Collection Variable called "AssignmentCollection" (various fields are picked from the "Assignment" Object including a lookup field to another custom object callled "Schedule")
  • Loop through the SObject Collection Variable "AssignmentCollection" on a SObject Variable called "eachAssignment"
  • While looping though, I want to place the eachAssignment.Schedule field (again this would be an ID for the "Schedule" object) into it's own SObject Collection Variable so I can loop through it later on in my flow and update the records.  Right now I'm doing it in an inefficient manner by doing a Record Update on the "Schedule" in the middle of my loop.  How do I each of my "Schedule" Ids to it's own collection variable that I can loop through later?  Thank you!
Please tell me if this will cause an issue:
  1. Using Force.com IDE delete a bad test class (associated with a trigger in step 2) by changing status to deleted in the XML file and deploy from Force.com IDE
    1. All Apex tests will run in Production and when they validate will delete the test class
  2. Using Force.com IDE deactivate/delete a bad trigger in Production by changing the status in the XML file to either inactive or deleted and deploy from Force.com IDE
    1. All Apex tests will run in Production and when they validate will inactivate/delete the trigger
My question is after deleting the Test Class in Step 1, when I try to deactivate my trigger will the Apex Tests try to "test my trigger" before deactivating it and won't be able to do so because of a missing test class.  I can't deactivate the trigger (Step 2) first, as it runs the bad test class and fails there. Please let me know.  Thank you!

Hi everyone - I'm new to the Force.com Migration Tool (Ant), but I beleive this scenario is possible, just need some guidance on how to do it.  Both the Source Org and my Target Org have the same managed package.  Souce org has an unmangaed permission set that grants access to managed package objects and fields.  I want to deploy this unmanaged permission set to the Target org (again the target org already has the managed package installed in it - with all it's fields and objects).  How can I get the Force.com Migration tool to deploy it - I beleive I need to retreive the managed package somehow the same time I retrieve the unmanaged permission set.  Right now I can only get the Permissoin set to deploy empty..  Thanks for your help!
Apex noob here. So I was hoping to launch this flow through Process Builder, but since there is a known bug that process builder can't process flows from custom objects in managed packages, (and since flow triggers can no longer be requested for new orgs) I'm stuck using Apex to launch this flow.

In summary I want this flow to fire when a new record is created for the custom "Project" object (API name pse__Proj__c). I will be passing 2 input variables to the flow called VarProjID and VarSoftwareName. The ProjID variable comes from the Salesforce ID of the Project and the VarFMSCategory comes from the Opportunity (Software_Category_c custom field) that spawned the project. The flow I am calling is called, Practice_Flow_Update. I know the flow works, but when this trigger executes nothing happens. I'm hoping it is just simple user error on my part. Perhaps it is the way I'm passing in the variables. I took some code I found from searching Google, and modified it a bit to fit my need. Please help and I appreciate it!!!!

trigger CallMyFlow on pse__Proj__c (after insert) {

for (pse__Proj__c proj : Trigger.new) {
    Map<String, Object> params = new Map<String, Object>();
    params.put('ProjId', proj.Id);
    params.put('varFMSCategory', proj.pse__Opportunity__r.Software_Category__c);
    Flow.Interview.Practice_Flow_Update practiceFlow = new Flow.Interview.Practice_Flow_Update(params);
    practiceFlow.start();
}
}
Hi everyone - I need some help with my custom button URL to call my viusal workflow.  This button is on a custom object called "Project" and one of the input variables refers to the ID of the standard Salesforce object Opportunity that created the project.  I'm able to pass the other variable from the project iteself, but having trouble with passing the opportunity ID field.  Any suggestions on what I am doing wrong.  Here is my URL:

https://cs14.salesforce.com/flow/MilestoneCreateFromButton?VarOppID={!Opportunity.Id}&VarProjID={!pse__Proj__c.Id}&retURL=https://cs14.salesforce.com/{!pse__Proj__c.Id}
Please tell me if this will cause an issue:
  1. Using Force.com IDE delete a bad test class (associated with a trigger in step 2) by changing status to deleted in the XML file and deploy from Force.com IDE
    1. All Apex tests will run in Production and when they validate will delete the test class
  2. Using Force.com IDE deactivate/delete a bad trigger in Production by changing the status in the XML file to either inactive or deleted and deploy from Force.com IDE
    1. All Apex tests will run in Production and when they validate will inactivate/delete the trigger
My question is after deleting the Test Class in Step 1, when I try to deactivate my trigger will the Apex Tests try to "test my trigger" before deactivating it and won't be able to do so because of a missing test class.  I can't deactivate the trigger (Step 2) first, as it runs the bad test class and fails there. Please let me know.  Thank you!

Apex noob here. So I was hoping to launch this flow through Process Builder, but since there is a known bug that process builder can't process flows from custom objects in managed packages, (and since flow triggers can no longer be requested for new orgs) I'm stuck using Apex to launch this flow.

In summary I want this flow to fire when a new record is created for the custom "Project" object (API name pse__Proj__c). I will be passing 2 input variables to the flow called VarProjID and VarSoftwareName. The ProjID variable comes from the Salesforce ID of the Project and the VarFMSCategory comes from the Opportunity (Software_Category_c custom field) that spawned the project. The flow I am calling is called, Practice_Flow_Update. I know the flow works, but when this trigger executes nothing happens. I'm hoping it is just simple user error on my part. Perhaps it is the way I'm passing in the variables. I took some code I found from searching Google, and modified it a bit to fit my need. Please help and I appreciate it!!!!

trigger CallMyFlow on pse__Proj__c (after insert) {

for (pse__Proj__c proj : Trigger.new) {
    Map<String, Object> params = new Map<String, Object>();
    params.put('ProjId', proj.Id);
    params.put('varFMSCategory', proj.pse__Opportunity__r.Software_Category__c);
    Flow.Interview.Practice_Flow_Update practiceFlow = new Flow.Interview.Practice_Flow_Update(params);
    practiceFlow.start();
}
}