• 20 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi - I am working with a lead provider to send leads directly into our SF instance using the W2L function.  We have it working, but the description field is not populating.  It is made up of a number of fields and values from the providers form.  They have sent me the string, any idea on how this should be formatted?  Any help much appreciated :-) 

URL: https://www.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.WebToLead?encoding=UTF-8
oid=xxxxxxxxxxxxx&Campaign_ID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&salutation=Mrs.&first_name=xxxxxxxx&last_name=Roberts&mobile=&phone=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&email=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&street=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&city=&zip=xxxxxxxxxx&Property_Type__c=Bunglow&Construction_Type__c=Cavity+Wall&Bedrooms__c=3&New_Boiler_Required__c=Yes&Benefits__c=Pension+Credit&Household_Income__c=True&Approx_Year_of_Construction__c=Between+1981-2005&Main_Fuel_Source__c=Mains+Gas&Tenure__c=Home+Owner&Boiler_Type__c=Wall+Mounted&LeadSource=3rd+Party+Web&Lead_Generator__c=Love+Leads&External_Lead_ID__c=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx&Scheme__c=Private&Eco_Obligation__c=HHCRO&Primary_Interest__c=Boiler&Description=None+Given+PropertyStyle+Detached+WallType+Cavity+Wall+WallInsulation+Yes+LoftInsulation+Less+than+100mm+QualfyingComponent++BoilerType+Wall+Mounted+BoilerAge+More+than+7+years+old+FaultDetails+N%2Fa

Hi - I am trying to create a trigger to count the number of events on opportunity.  I have the following code - it is saving ok but the field on the opportunity is not being updated.  Please note I am not a developer so please be gentle with me! ;-)  Thanks in advance.

trigger AppointSat on Event (after delete, after insert, after undelete, after update){

Set<ID> OppIds = new Set<ID>();

//We only care about tasks linked to Leads.

String oppPrefix = Opportunity.SObjectType.getDescribe().getKeyPrefix();

//Add any Lead ids coming from the new data

if(trigger.new!=null){
    for (Event e : Trigger.new) {
     if (e.WhoId!= null && string.valueof(e.WhoId).startsWith(oppPrefix) ) {

if(!OppIds.contains(e.WhoId)){
//adding unique lead ids since there can be many tasks with single lead
OppIds.add(e.WhoId);
}
}
      }
}

//Also add any Lead ids coming from the old data (deletes, moving an activity from one Lead to another)

if(trigger.old!=null){
    for (Event e2 : Trigger.old) {
     if (e2.WhoId!= null && string.valueof(e2.WhoId).startsWith(oppPrefix) )
         {
if(!OppIds.contains(e2.WhoId)){
//adding unique lead ids since there can be many tasks with single lead
OppIds.add(e2.WhoId);
}
}
      }
}

if (OppIds.size() > 0){

List<Opportunity> oppsWithEvents = [select id,Appointment_Sat__c,(select id from Events) from Opportunity where Id IN : Oppids];

List<Opportunity> oppsUpdatable = new List<Opportunity>();

for(Opportunity O : oppsWithEvents){

O.Appointment_Sat__c = O.Events.size();
oppsUpdatable.add(O);

}

if(oppsUpdatable.size()>0){

update oppsUpdatable;
//update all the leads with activity count

}

}
  }

Hi - I have created a visualforce page to show a picture saved in attachments on a lead record.  But I cannot figure out why it is not showing, no error or anything the area is just blank after I have added it to the page layout.

picture code
I am trying to create a roll up summary from one custom object to another:

Parent = Jobs (Job__c)
Child = Purchase Orders (Purchase_Order__c)
Roll up result field on jobs = Total_PO_Amount__c
Value to roll up on child object = Purchase_Order_Total__c (this is in itself a roll up summary of another custom object 'PO_Items__c)

I am getting the following error but not sure why?....
'Error: Compile Error: Didn't understand relationship 'Purchase_Order__c' in FROM part of query call. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. at line 15 column 20'

trigger RollUpValue on Purchase_Order__c (after insert, after delete, after undelete) {

List<id> JobList = new List<id>();
    if(Trigger.isInsert || Trigger.isUndelete){
        For(Purchase_Order__c  PO1 : Trigger.new){
            JobList.add(PO1.id);
        }
    }
    if(Trigger.isDelete){
        For(Purchase_Order__c  PO1 : Trigger.old){
            JobList.add(PO1.id);
        }
    }
    List<Job__c> JobUpdateList = new List<Job__c>();
    For(Job__c J : [SELECT Total_PO_Amount__c, (SELECT Purchase_Order_Total__c FROM Purchase_Order__c) FROM Job__c WHERE id =: JobList]){
        J.Total_PO_Amount__c = J.Purchase_Order_Total__c.size();
        JobUpdateList.add(J);
    }
    try{
        update JobUpdateList ;
    }Catch(Exception e){
        System.debug('Exception :'+e.getMessage());
    }
}
Thanks in advance for any help (help I am not a coder so laymans terms would be helpful! :-)

Hi - I have a custom object, 'Jobs', and when the job status is set to 'scheduled' I have a Process Flow to create the 'Install Event'.  I can map over the job - event fields with no issue, however I have 'Lead Engineer' as a look up contact field on the job and would like to auto add this contact as an invitee to the event.  There is an option in the process builder to set the contact as 'IsInvitee = TRUE' but that does not seem to do anything - I assume because there doesn't seem to be a way of identifying the specific event.  

I am hoping to have a solution to this without coding as I am not a coder and we are on a very limited budget.  any help here would be much appreciated.  Thank you for taking the time to read!
I have written and successuccefully tested an email service to create a lead record.  However we have a complex requirement.  We have 6 lead web providers, who will each have thier own format of email.  In addition, the email will contains up to 10 variations of a single SFDC picklist option.

Where do I start with this?

Many thanks in advance.
Hi - I have created a visualforce page to show a picture saved in attachments on a lead record.  But I cannot figure out why it is not showing, no error or anything the area is just blank after I have added it to the page layout.

picture code
I am trying to create a roll up summary from one custom object to another:

Parent = Jobs (Job__c)
Child = Purchase Orders (Purchase_Order__c)
Roll up result field on jobs = Total_PO_Amount__c
Value to roll up on child object = Purchase_Order_Total__c (this is in itself a roll up summary of another custom object 'PO_Items__c)

I am getting the following error but not sure why?....
'Error: Compile Error: Didn't understand relationship 'Purchase_Order__c' in FROM part of query call. If you are attempting to use a custom relationship, be sure to append the '__r' after the custom relationship name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names. at line 15 column 20'

trigger RollUpValue on Purchase_Order__c (after insert, after delete, after undelete) {

List<id> JobList = new List<id>();
    if(Trigger.isInsert || Trigger.isUndelete){
        For(Purchase_Order__c  PO1 : Trigger.new){
            JobList.add(PO1.id);
        }
    }
    if(Trigger.isDelete){
        For(Purchase_Order__c  PO1 : Trigger.old){
            JobList.add(PO1.id);
        }
    }
    List<Job__c> JobUpdateList = new List<Job__c>();
    For(Job__c J : [SELECT Total_PO_Amount__c, (SELECT Purchase_Order_Total__c FROM Purchase_Order__c) FROM Job__c WHERE id =: JobList]){
        J.Total_PO_Amount__c = J.Purchase_Order_Total__c.size();
        JobUpdateList.add(J);
    }
    try{
        update JobUpdateList ;
    }Catch(Exception e){
        System.debug('Exception :'+e.getMessage());
    }
}
Thanks in advance for any help (help I am not a coder so laymans terms would be helpful! :-)

Hi - I have a custom object, 'Jobs', and when the job status is set to 'scheduled' I have a Process Flow to create the 'Install Event'.  I can map over the job - event fields with no issue, however I have 'Lead Engineer' as a look up contact field on the job and would like to auto add this contact as an invitee to the event.  There is an option in the process builder to set the contact as 'IsInvitee = TRUE' but that does not seem to do anything - I assume because there doesn't seem to be a way of identifying the specific event.  

I am hoping to have a solution to this without coding as I am not a coder and we are on a very limited budget.  any help here would be much appreciated.  Thank you for taking the time to read!