• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi..I am part of an organization which has lot of applications under it. I am working on only couple of applications (in 100s of applications under that organization). How can I download only my applications code in Force.com IDE? When I provide my credentials, I see all the applications code is downloaded. Is there any folder structure maintained for each application? I would like to select folder rather than selecting individual file of my application. This way I can have my IDE synced with any new files created for that application.
Hi Team,
I'm building the lightning data table where I'm using "id" as a key-field
<lightning-datatable 
                key-field="id" 
                data={accountList} 
                columns={columns}  
                onrowselection={handleRowSelected}
                selected-rows={selection}
                oncellchange={handleCellChange}>
            </lightning-datatable>
I want to retrive the row id in my javascript. How to fetch that ? I have tried many solution like:
let selectedRecords = this.template.querySelector("lightningdatatable").getSelectedRows();
        if (selectedRecords) {
            for (const key in selectedRecords) {
                console.log('checking',selectedRecords[key].event.currentTarget.dataset.id);
               console.log('checking',selectedRecords[key]['id']);
               console.log('checking',selectedRecords[key].event.target.dataset.rowId);
               console.log('checking',selectedRecords[key].dataset.id);
}
Please let me know if anybody knows the solutions.
Thank you in advance
I'm working in VSCode in a workspace and I want to have multiple folders in the workspace for multiple small projects.  I use a command like SFDX: Create Lightning Web Component.  I give it a name and take the default subfolder force-app/main/....  It always uses the force-app subfolder in the first folder in my workspace.  I'd like to be able to pick which folder in the workspace is used for the create. 

Anyone know how to get the SFDX to work on a selected root folder in a workspace?
Hello everyone,

i try to build a custom lightning web component for a generic way to merge custom and standardobjects like the standard merge functionality for account, contact and leads.

Therefore i built two lwcs:
  • potentialDuplicates
  • mergeDuplicates
potentialDupplicates show the result for the duplicate rules (DuplicateRule), duplicate recordset (DuplicateRecordSet) and duplicate record item (DuplicateRecordItem) and looks like the following one:
https://ibb.co/gwp1fRk (https://ibb.co/jMRKJZL)

The first lwc (german language) show the salesforce standard "potential duplicates" component.
Below that - the highlighted one is my custom lwc.

The first screen (step1) looks like the following (Unfortunately I can't upload images - sorry for that):
https://ibb.co/MkJmmZT

After the selection and click on "Next" second screen (step2) appears and looks like the follwing:
https://ibb.co/xXQZDV1

On screen2 you have to choose the masterrecord and fields which has to move to masterrecord.

For comparison: In the standard potential duplicates the screen for step2 looks like the following:
https://ibb.co/5x7hfFv

I want to do this the exact same way. Here comes my problem: I didn't find a structure provided by apexcontroller that is able to iterate in a way to this list that columns and rows are syncron. The prepared structure of (selected) data records should be combined in such a way that they can be passed on to an apex controller, which then takes over the merge process.

One of my various solutions provide the following structure: Map<Id, List<Map<String, String>>>. Where key of map is the record id. The value of the outer map is a list with a map (key: apiname, value: fieldvalue). But this structure does not fit to the columns of screen2 and you can't iterate over map. Also a template expression doesn't allow NumericLiteral to access a specific index or key. It seems like everything has to be a list.

If I can realize this list of the selection, the processing of the data sets in Apex is only a child's play. Today I have worried all day about it and have not found an adequate solution.

Any suggestions for a provided structure of objects, arrays, maps to rule this target?

After i finished that components and everything works fine I am willing to publish the corresponding components.
Hi Team,

For before event (before insert or update) triggers on same object need to use static boolean variable in helper classes. Is it mandatory for recusive triggers ? or Not ?

Thanks,
sfdc team.
  • September 11, 2018
I added two custom fields to an object with history tracking, editStartTime and editStopTime. I want editStartTime to hold the time the 'Edit' (or 'New' or 'Clone') button was pressed for the object. When the 'Save' button is pressed, I can easily set editStopTime in an Apex trigger, but how do I get the editStartTime? 

The editStartTime will be cached in the object being edited, and will only be stored in the database if the edit is saved. If an edit is cancelled, the times will be discarded. I do not plan to display the start/stop fields on any page layout. Their values will only be visible in the field history section for a record.

I want the solution to work globally, both desktop and mobile, and from any page that has a 'Edit', 'Clone', 'New', or 'Save' button (I think that's all the standard buttons, did I miss any?) for this object.

I am new to salesforce, and my experience with other development environments gives me pre-conceived notions about how to do this that do not seem to match up with salesforce. I have been reading about custom buttons, controllers, page layouts, etc., and I should be able to follow the related tutorials. I'd like direction on which specific steps I should take to implement my requirements. For example:

Must I create a custom Edit button (and New, Clone), or is there a way to hook a small bit of code into the standard button, perhaps by customizing the controller?

If the start/stop values will only be displayed in the field history section, do I need to add or modify any page layouts?

Please list the steps of the simplest solution you would implement.

Thanks.
Hi everybody!

I just started to develop with Eclipse Kepler and the Force.com IDE for my Apex development.
Unfortunatly I can't get the auto complee function working.
When I press CTRL+space there appears only a box with "no proposals".
Does anybody know how I can get this running? Without this function the IDE is almost useless...
Hi Team,
I'm building the lightning data table where I'm using "id" as a key-field
<lightning-datatable 
                key-field="id" 
                data={accountList} 
                columns={columns}  
                onrowselection={handleRowSelected}
                selected-rows={selection}
                oncellchange={handleCellChange}>
            </lightning-datatable>
I want to retrive the row id in my javascript. How to fetch that ? I have tried many solution like:
let selectedRecords = this.template.querySelector("lightningdatatable").getSelectedRows();
        if (selectedRecords) {
            for (const key in selectedRecords) {
                console.log('checking',selectedRecords[key].event.currentTarget.dataset.id);
               console.log('checking',selectedRecords[key].event.target.dataset.rowId);
               console.log('checking',selectedRecords[key].dataset.id);
}
Please let me know if anybody knows the solutions.
Thank you in advance