• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,
Under account, we created custom object called Analytics_group, and I am trying to delete one by calling

this.FClient.DeleteAsync("Analytics_Group__c", group.Group_ID__c)

From salesforce web ui, I  can see the group id is 7264fb46-90f0-4dc8-92ac-82487dfe3482, however, I got error message from above call:
[{"errorCode":"NOT_FOUND","message":"Provided external ID field does not exist or is not accessible: 7264fb46-90f0-4dc8-92ac-82487dfe3482"}]

Group_ID__c is the primary key to identify the group, is it the right one to use? If it is, why do I see an eror?

Many Thanks

Hi,
We added a custom object called Analytics Group under Account.  It is a list and I created one object manually under one account

When I run this query:
"SELECT id, name, Sage_ID__c,FCA_Number__c, Owner.Name,(SELECT Group_ID__c,Account_Limit__c,Concurrent_Limit__c,Display_Name__c,Expiry_Date__c,Notes__c,Version_Name__c,Version_ID__c FROM Analytics_Groups__r) FROM Account where id=xxxx"

I can see that the account does have one Analytics_Groups__r returned. But it is returned as a QueryResult, with two Fields "FieldsToNull" and "ID", and both fields are null. I asked those fields: Group_ID__c,Account_Limit__c,Concurrent_Limit__c,Display_Name__c,Expiry_Date__c,Notes__c,Version_Name__c,Version_ID__c
but none of them seem to be returned (or maybe I just don't know where to retrieve them)?

Can someone help?
Hi,
Under Account, we created an Analytics Group object (so parent children relationship), from the WSDL, I can see it is called Analytics_Groups__r. From salesforce web interface, the object name is Analytics_Group.
I tried to insert a new Analytics_Group by using the toolkit api:
dynamic c = new ExpandoObject();//
 c.Account__c = key;  //this is the account id
  c.Account_Limit__c = group.AccountLimit;
 c.Concurrent_Limit__c = group.ConcurrentLimit;
 c.Group_ID__c = group.GroupID.ToString();
 c.Display_Name__c = group.DisplayName;
 if (group.ExpiryDate.HasValue)
  {
        c.Expiry_Date__c = group.ExpiryDate.Value.ToString("dd/mm/yyyy");
   }
     c.Notes__c = group.Notes;
     c.Version_ID__c = group.VersionId.ToString();
     c.Version_Name__c = group.VersionText;

var insertResult = fclient.CreateAsync("Analytics_Group", c);
      insertResult.Wait();

I then got "The requested resource does not exist" error. Can someone help? I tried to create with "Analytics_Groups__r", but no difference.

Many Thanks
Hi,
Under Account object, we created a custom oject called "AnalyticsGroup", which is a parent-children relationship thing (one account can have multiple AnalyticsGroup" object. 

What I need to is to retrieve a list of AnalyticsGroup from our local database and populate it to SalesForce.

I am using the toolkit API, the first thing I do is run a query to retrieve what we have on salesforce:
SELECT id, name,  Owner.Name,(SELECT Group_ID__c,Account_Limit__c,Concurrent_Limit__c,Display_Name__c,Expiry_Date__c,Notes__c,Version_Name__c,Version_ID__c FROM Analytics_Groups__r) FROM Account

I can see that accounts[0].Analytics_Groups__r is returned as a QueryResult, how can I cast it to a List<AnalyticsGrouip>?

The next thing I want is if a Analytics Group is not availd under that Account, I want to insert one (or update if some data is out of date from our local db).

How can I achieve that?

I tried to find some .net example, but failed to identify one. Can someone help?

Many Thanks

Hi,
Really new to salesforce, so sorry if this question is too easy to you. 
I downloaded the ForceToolkit.et and use that to do a query. My requirement is to grab all the accounts from my company's SaleForce hosting and sync some fields with local db.

This is what I am doing:
ForceClient fclient = new ForceClient(client.InstanceUrl,
                client.AccessToken, client.ApiVersion);
var accounts =fclient.QueryAsync<Account>("SELECT id, name, description FROM Account");

My company has more than 1000 accounts in SaleForce, and above query always return exactly 1000. Is there a way to return every record? 

Many Thanks

Hi,
We added a custom object called Analytics Group under Account.  It is a list and I created one object manually under one account

When I run this query:
"SELECT id, name, Sage_ID__c,FCA_Number__c, Owner.Name,(SELECT Group_ID__c,Account_Limit__c,Concurrent_Limit__c,Display_Name__c,Expiry_Date__c,Notes__c,Version_Name__c,Version_ID__c FROM Analytics_Groups__r) FROM Account where id=xxxx"

I can see that the account does have one Analytics_Groups__r returned. But it is returned as a QueryResult, with two Fields "FieldsToNull" and "ID", and both fields are null. I asked those fields: Group_ID__c,Account_Limit__c,Concurrent_Limit__c,Display_Name__c,Expiry_Date__c,Notes__c,Version_Name__c,Version_ID__c
but none of them seem to be returned (or maybe I just don't know where to retrieve them)?

Can someone help?
Hi,
Under Account object, we created a custom oject called "AnalyticsGroup", which is a parent-children relationship thing (one account can have multiple AnalyticsGroup" object. 

What I need to is to retrieve a list of AnalyticsGroup from our local database and populate it to SalesForce.

I am using the toolkit API, the first thing I do is run a query to retrieve what we have on salesforce:
SELECT id, name,  Owner.Name,(SELECT Group_ID__c,Account_Limit__c,Concurrent_Limit__c,Display_Name__c,Expiry_Date__c,Notes__c,Version_Name__c,Version_ID__c FROM Analytics_Groups__r) FROM Account

I can see that accounts[0].Analytics_Groups__r is returned as a QueryResult, how can I cast it to a List<AnalyticsGrouip>?

The next thing I want is if a Analytics Group is not availd under that Account, I want to insert one (or update if some data is out of date from our local db).

How can I achieve that?

I tried to find some .net example, but failed to identify one. Can someone help?

Many Thanks

Hi,
Really new to salesforce, so sorry if this question is too easy to you. 
I downloaded the ForceToolkit.et and use that to do a query. My requirement is to grab all the accounts from my company's SaleForce hosting and sync some fields with local db.

This is what I am doing:
ForceClient fclient = new ForceClient(client.InstanceUrl,
                client.AccessToken, client.ApiVersion);
var accounts =fclient.QueryAsync<Account>("SELECT id, name, description FROM Account");

My company has more than 1000 accounts in SaleForce, and above query always return exactly 1000. Is there a way to return every record? 

Many Thanks