• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I've searched high and low for an example of a Validation button(javascript) for my custom object. What I need the Validate Button to do is to validate what fields should be required based on a picklist selection. I was really hoping not to do any apex. The reason for using the button on the custom object instead of standard required fields is so the Sales reps can save as they go before validating required fields.
I've searched high and low for an example of a Validation button(javascript) for my custom object. What I need the Validate Button to do is to validate what fields should be required based on a picklist selection. I was really hoping not to do any apex. The reason for using the button on the custom object instead of standard required fields is so the Sales reps can save as they go before validating required fields.
Where can I find the documentation on building the "regex_text" part of the REGEX function? All I can find in Help/Training/Release Notes is  a few examples of a working formula. There is nothing that explains the different characters and codes that can be used in the "regex_text" part of this function.

Syntax:
REGEX(text, regex_text)

Instructions:
Replace text with the text field, and regex_text with the regular expression you want to match

Examples:
REGEX(Drivers_License__c, "([A-Z]\\d{7})?")
REGEX(BillingPostalCode, "\\d{5}(-\\d{4})?")
REGEX(Credit_Card_Number__c, "(((\\d{4}-){3}\\d{4})|\\d{16})?")
REGEX(IP_Address__c, "^((25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?)\\.){3}(25[0-5]|2[0-4][0-9]|[01]?[0-9][0-9]?)$" )
REGEX(Social_Security_Number__c, "[0-9]{3}-[0-9]{2}-[0-9]{4}")