• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I have a custom object with default page layout. This object has 4 phone numbers.
My requirement is one of the numbers needs (*) beside it to denote preferred phone number.

eg:

home cell phone 362-589-5968 (*)            work cell phone 489-652-6954
home landline phone 563-965-5231          work desk phone 456-895-8954

I have a picklist where user chooses their preferred number. It could be home cell, work desk, etc.
Now I want to use that information to put star beside the right number.

I created a formula field to display (*), and added it to page layout. But this approach doesn't work for me because it displays its own field label, and is placed separate from the phone number, like this:

Preferred Phone (*)

How can I do this so that label is suppressed and (*) displays on the side of phone number?

Thank you!
Having issue with formsubmit event I guess. Below error is showing up while saving BoatSearch.
Failed to save BoatSearch.cmp: A aura:handler that specifies an event="" attribute must handle an application event. Either change the aura:event to have type="APPLICATION" or alternately change the aura:handler to specify a name="" attribute.: Source.
<!--BoatSearch.cmp-->
<aura:component implements="force:appHostable,flexipage:availableForAllPageTypes" access="global">
     <aura:handler name="formsubmit" event="c:formsubmit" action="{!c.onFormSubmit}" phase="capture"/>
       <aura:attribute name="eventMessage" type="String"/> 

<lightning:card title="Find A Boat">
       <c:BoatSearchForm  />
    </lightning:card>
    <lightning:card title="Matching Boats">
       <c:BoatSearchResults aura:id="searchResults" />
    </lightning:card>
</aura:component>
<!--BoatSearchForm.cmp-->
<aura:component implements="force:appHostable,flexipage:availableForAllPageTypes" controller="fetchPicklistOptsController" access="global">
    <aura:handler name="init" value="{!this}" action="{!c.doInit}"/>
     <aura:attribute name="options" type="map" default="{Id:'value'}"/> 
     <aura:attribute name="boatTypeId" type="string" /> 
     <aura:attribute name="showNewButton" type="Boolean" default="true"/> 
      <aura:attribute name="formData" type="object" default=""/> 
    <!--<aura:registerEvent name="passBoatId" type="c.BoatId_serachform_BoatSerchResult"/>-->

<aura:registerEvent name="formsubmit" type="c:formsubmit"/>
       <lightning:layout horizontalAlign="center" class="slds-align_absolute-center">
          <lightning:layoutItem padding="around-small">
              <lightning:select aura:id="boattypePicklist" value="{!v.options.Id}" onchange="{!c.onChange}" label="Alltype" required="true">
                  <option value="">All Types</option>
                  <aura:iteration items="{!v.options}" var="opt" indexVar="key">
                      <option text="{!opt.value}" value="{!opt.key}" selected="{!opt.key==v.options.Id}" />
                  </aura:iteration>
              </lightning:select>
          </lightning:layoutItem>
          <lightning:layoutItem padding="around-small">
              <lightning:button label="Search" class="slds-button slds-button_brand"  variant="brand" onclick="{!c.onFormSubmit}" />
              <aura:if isTrue="{!v.showNewButton}">
                  <lightning:button label="New" class="slds-button slds-button_neutral" variant="Neutral" onclick="{!c.NewBoat}"/>
              </aura:if>
          </lightning:layoutItem>
       </lightning:layout>
</aura:component>

<!--formsubmit.evt-->
<aura:event type="APPLICATION" description="Event template" >
    <aura:attribute name="formData" type="object"/>
</aura:event>
Please help me.
I have a custom object with default page layout. This object has 4 phone numbers.
My requirement is one of the numbers needs (*) beside it to denote preferred phone number.

eg:

home cell phone 362-589-5968 (*)            work cell phone 489-652-6954
home landline phone 563-965-5231          work desk phone 456-895-8954

I have a picklist where user chooses their preferred number. It could be home cell, work desk, etc.
Now I want to use that information to put star beside the right number.

I created a formula field to display (*), and added it to page layout. But this approach doesn't work for me because it displays its own field label, and is placed separate from the phone number, like this:

Preferred Phone (*)

How can I do this so that label is suppressed and (*) displays on the side of phone number?

Thank you!
Hi,

I hava a flow that - for any contact -  constructs an SObject collection of related records.

However, this collection is not sorted. I'm looping through this collection to construct a text field from the record names, but I would like to have this in alphabetical order. The only facility appears to be the 'ascending' or 'descending' option for the loop, but that appears to be for the index, not values within the objects.

Any suggestions?
Hi,

My task is to integrate salesforce with externl website using REST. & they have given me JSON Response code for fields in external website.

I am able to hit the External system URL. I was Struct here...!  and how we can get data from external website & how to code for that...?
Like whenever a user enter their account details in external website, those data should also get into salesforce accounts.

How we can achieve this...?
can anyone help for this scenario...!

• March 22, 2016