• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Guys, am trying to set up an external object and when i create a view to load the records for the external object, I get an error: 

The external object record for external data source “oDataTest1” can’t be created. Verify the primary key values.

oDataTest1 is my service
My external table has fields like
JobId, TotalOpens, TotalClicks, TotalSent
External table has JobID as the primary key.

I let SF auto generate the external object for this table.
So External Object now has custom fields like JobID, TotalOpens, totalClicks, totalSent
It also has standard fields like ExternalID and DisplayURL.

The query SF tries to make is:
https://www.exacttargetapis.com/odata/v1/service/Tracking_JobAggregate1?$top=201&$filter=JobID ge 1&$orderby=JobID&$count=true&$select=JobID,TotalClicks,TotalOpens,TotalSent

I confirmed that this service will return the correct records.
But looks like SF is failing on loading the results into the external object?
I verified that my external table does not have duplicate values in primary key field JobID ( it is really a primary key)

Any ideas why I still get this error?
The external object record for external data source “oDataTest1” can’t be created. Verify the primary key values
Guys, am trying to set up an external object and when i create a view to load the records for the external object, I get an error: 

The external object record for external data source “oDataTest1” can’t be created. Verify the primary key values.

oDataTest1 is my service
My external table has fields like
JobId, TotalOpens, TotalClicks, TotalSent
External table has JobID as the primary key.

I let SF auto generate the external object for this table.
So External Object now has custom fields like JobID, TotalOpens, totalClicks, totalSent
It also has standard fields like ExternalID and DisplayURL.

The query SF tries to make is:
https://www.exacttargetapis.com/odata/v1/service/Tracking_JobAggregate1?$top=201&$filter=JobID ge 1&$orderby=JobID&$count=true&$select=JobID,TotalClicks,TotalOpens,TotalSent

I confirmed that this service will return the correct records.
But looks like SF is failing on loading the results into the external object?
I verified that my external table does not have duplicate values in primary key field JobID ( it is really a primary key)

Any ideas why I still get this error?
The external object record for external data source “oDataTest1” can’t be created. Verify the primary key values