• Etrigue Corporation

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello Experts,

We are developing a custom lighting web component where we have a requirement to show a set of custom action buttons. The same set of custom buttons are also added to the page layout of the custom object. We want show the buttons in the lightning web component only if those are added to the page layout. In other words - if the user removes any of the custom buttons from the page layout those options should be hidden from the lighting web component action button list as well.

So I am trying to see if I can access the page layout and its associted properties using Apex.

Could you please suggest if you have solved these type of requirements in any of your projects?

Thanks,
Bikram.
Hello Experts,

I have a quick question on approval process and I would like to get your suggestion on how to implement this particular requirement.

We are developing a custom lighting web component for our application and we have a requirement to trigger the standard approval process on the click of custom link from that component. The expectation is that - it should follow the exact flow as it would, if I click on the Standard "Submit For Approval" link from the custom actions present on the object.

I found some article on how to trigger the approval process from the apex code, but not finding any resources on how to do it from the client side JavaScript.

Could you please suggest if any of you have solved this particular requirement on your project?

Thanks,
Bikram.
When running our visualforce application in lightning experience, we noticed that a bunch additional styles added to our body tag as below -
html body.sfdcBody {
    font-family: 'Helvetica';
    color: #3c3d3e;
    background: none transparent;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 10px 20px 0 20px;
    height: 100%;
    overflow: auto;
    -webkit-overflow-scrolling: touch;
}
We found out that it is coming from "AuraAlohaContentFrame.css" file. Due to the above additional style attibutes (especially overflow: auto;) many of our styles are not working as expected.

Could you please provides some guidance what is the best way to handle this case?

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,
Bikram.

Hello Guys,

In our application we are defining custom lebels and we are trying to access the value in javascript section of the visualforce page. But looks like JSENCODE function is not encoding the characters as expected.

The custom lebel name is "END_OF_TERM" and we have defined the label text as "End' of Term" for testing purpose.

The javascript code is like this. var endOfTerm = '{!JSENCODE($Label.END_OF_TERM)}';
After rendering the value we see is as -> 'End' of Term'. Which shows that the single quote inside the text is not encoded. We tried with other characters like double quote but have the same result.

Could you please suggest what we are doing wrong. Any pointer to solve the issue is really appreciated.

Thanks,
Bikram.

When running our visualforce application in lightning experience, we noticed that a bunch additional styles added to our body tag as below -
html body.sfdcBody {
    font-family: 'Helvetica';
    color: #3c3d3e;
    background: none transparent;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 10px 20px 0 20px;
    height: 100%;
    overflow: auto;
    -webkit-overflow-scrolling: touch;
}
We found out that it is coming from "AuraAlohaContentFrame.css" file. Due to the above additional style attibutes (especially overflow: auto;) many of our styles are not working as expected.

Could you please provides some guidance what is the best way to handle this case?

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,
Bikram.