• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi all,
I am using below code to do the challenge for the List Controler section in the trailhead. The code works as expected but I get an error stating "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The page does not bind to the record ID value (in order to link to the record detail page)"

The page works however as expected. What is going wrong here?
my code:
<apex:page standardController="Account" recordSetVar="accounts">
    <apex:repeat value="{!accounts}" var="a">
            <ul>
                <li><apex:outputLink value="{!URLFOR('/'+a.ID)}">Bekijk account {!a.Name}</apex:outputLink></li>
            </ul>
	</apex:repeat>
</apex:page>

Again I need to ask this as I am not sure what Apex triggers trailhead challenge expects from me. Need to create a trigger that checks if Match_Billing_Address__c is checked and if BillingPostalCode is not empty. In that case set ShippingPostalCode__c to match BillingPostalCode. My code works, it behaves as expected but the challenge won't accept it. 
trigger AccountAddressTrigger on Account (before insert, before update) {
    for(Account a : Trigger.new){
        If(a.Match_Billing_Address__c) {
            If(a.BillingPostalCode != ''){
                a.ShippingPostalCode__c = a.BillingPostalCode;
            }
        }
    }
}

What is wrong with my code?

regards,
boudewijn
Hi there,

have an issue with the first Apex challenge in the Developer beginner module. As far as I can see I did it all right but the challenge won't accept. I need to create a list of strings with format 'Test n' where n is the number of the entry in the list. The lenght needs to be defined through a parameter. Here's my code (including a debug which shows me the correct strings):

public class StringArrayTest {
    Public static void generateStringArray (Integer provide_count) {
        List<String> TestString = new List<String>();
        for(Integer i=0;i<provide_count;i++) {
            TestString.add('Test '+string.valueof(i));
            System.debug(TestString);
        }
    }
}

What am I doing wrong here?

regards,
Boudewijn
Hi,
I am working on the trailhead Dev Beginner, but get stuck in the Creating Validation Rules Section. I get the error: "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: The validation rule failed to enforce the business logic". I am an experienced coder (HTML, php, pascal etc) so I might think i have the logic correct. Still I keep getting these errors. Any known issues with this challenge? I made these assumptions:
- the rule should be on the Contacts object
- to verify if there is an associated account, I am validating if AccountId is not blank.
User-added image

Hi all,
I am using below code to do the challenge for the List Controler section in the trailhead. The code works as expected but I get an error stating "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong:
The page does not bind to the record ID value (in order to link to the record detail page)"

The page works however as expected. What is going wrong here?
my code:
<apex:page standardController="Account" recordSetVar="accounts">
    <apex:repeat value="{!accounts}" var="a">
            <ul>
                <li><apex:outputLink value="{!URLFOR('/'+a.ID)}">Bekijk account {!a.Name}</apex:outputLink></li>
            </ul>
	</apex:repeat>
</apex:page>

Again I need to ask this as I am not sure what Apex triggers trailhead challenge expects from me. Need to create a trigger that checks if Match_Billing_Address__c is checked and if BillingPostalCode is not empty. In that case set ShippingPostalCode__c to match BillingPostalCode. My code works, it behaves as expected but the challenge won't accept it. 
trigger AccountAddressTrigger on Account (before insert, before update) {
    for(Account a : Trigger.new){
        If(a.Match_Billing_Address__c) {
            If(a.BillingPostalCode != ''){
                a.ShippingPostalCode__c = a.BillingPostalCode;
            }
        }
    }
}

What is wrong with my code?

regards,
boudewijn
Hi there,

have an issue with the first Apex challenge in the Developer beginner module. As far as I can see I did it all right but the challenge won't accept. I need to create a list of strings with format 'Test n' where n is the number of the entry in the list. The lenght needs to be defined through a parameter. Here's my code (including a debug which shows me the correct strings):

public class StringArrayTest {
    Public static void generateStringArray (Integer provide_count) {
        List<String> TestString = new List<String>();
        for(Integer i=0;i<provide_count;i++) {
            TestString.add('Test '+string.valueof(i));
            System.debug(TestString);
        }
    }
}

What am I doing wrong here?

regards,
Boudewijn
Hi,
I am working on the trailhead Dev Beginner, but get stuck in the Creating Validation Rules Section. I get the error: "Challenge Not yet complete... here's what's wrong: The validation rule failed to enforce the business logic". I am an experienced coder (HTML, php, pascal etc) so I might think i have the logic correct. Still I keep getting these errors. Any known issues with this challenge? I made these assumptions:
- the rule should be on the Contacts object
- to verify if there is an associated account, I am validating if AccountId is not blank.
User-added image