• 10 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I'm new to SalesForce and new to using the SOAP API to create a record. I am trying to create a Case and link it to an Account, but nothing I have tried has worked yet. Error received:

"ERROR creating record: Field name provided, Id is not an External ID or indexed field for Account"

I have read the documentation on "create() and Foreign Keys" and followed the example code. (This is in Java.) As far as I can tell the Account Id field is what is used to link the Case to the Account. If I query the Case for Case.AccountId equal to the value in Account.Id I get a list of Case records. But when I try to create a Case with the Account Id I get the error shown.

I have used describeSObjects() to look at all the fields in Account and Case, but I don't see anything that indicates external id or index. I thought that if the Case records are already linked by Account Id then it would be set, but that is not seeming to be true. How can I find this out?

Thanks,
Peter
I'm new to SalesForce and new to using the SOAP API to create a record. I am trying to create a Case and link it to an Account, but nothing I have tried has worked yet. Error received:

"ERROR creating record: Field name provided, Id is not an External ID or indexed field for Account"

I have read the documentation on "create() and Foreign Keys" and followed the example code. (This is in Java.) As far as I can tell the Account Id field is what is used to link the Case to the Account. If I query the Case for Case.AccountId equal to the value in Account.Id I get a list of Case records. But when I try to create a Case with the Account Id I get the error shown.

I have used describeSObjects() to look at all the fields in Account and Case, but I don't see anything that indicates external id or index. I thought that if the Case records are already linked by Account Id then it would be set, but that is not seeming to be true. How can I find this out?

Thanks,
Peter