• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies

It has been asked before but for some reason I am missing some key elements.

Simple idea: When Case "Status"  (picklistvalue field) is like  "new" or "closed"  show some colour.
I wanted a simpe "IF Status contains "New" colour status field red. Well, that is not easily possible 

So I cam e up with "when Status equals "new" show red icon (which is an image)"
I tried this http://www.cloud113.com/salesforce-com-fun-with-colors/. I went into the Case> "Status" field and copied the code. but it gave me an error that "Image may not be used in this formula. Probably because it's a picklist value.  (Some code later, Error: Field Status is a picklist field. Picklist fields are only supported in certain function)

So I choose to make a new custom (rich text) field (Status_colour) that updates whenever  the status field changed and made a formula based on the custom field "Status_colour". That gave me an error that this field (Case_status_colour__c) cannot be used for the things I wanted or the error   Error: Incorrect parameter type for function 'TEXT()'. Expected Number, Date, DateTime, Picklist, received Text"

Does anyone holds the key?

I want to do this:

If sales creates an order and chooses x "quantity" of the product "domains" 
display x "textfields" on the "Orderproduct details page" so we can insert the domain names.

So when Sales chooses 5 domains as quanity it should display 5 textfields to insert the domainnames.

Or when they chooses 3 domains as quantity display 3 textfields  Etc. Etc.

Can someone point me into the right direction?

It has been asked before but for some reason I am missing some key elements.

Simple idea: When Case "Status"  (picklistvalue field) is like  "new" or "closed"  show some colour.
I wanted a simpe "IF Status contains "New" colour status field red. Well, that is not easily possible 

So I cam e up with "when Status equals "new" show red icon (which is an image)"
I tried this http://www.cloud113.com/salesforce-com-fun-with-colors/. I went into the Case> "Status" field and copied the code. but it gave me an error that "Image may not be used in this formula. Probably because it's a picklist value.  (Some code later, Error: Field Status is a picklist field. Picklist fields are only supported in certain function)

So I choose to make a new custom (rich text) field (Status_colour) that updates whenever  the status field changed and made a formula based on the custom field "Status_colour". That gave me an error that this field (Case_status_colour__c) cannot be used for the things I wanted or the error   Error: Incorrect parameter type for function 'TEXT()'. Expected Number, Date, DateTime, Picklist, received Text"

Does anyone holds the key?