• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi

I'm new to App Exchange package licencing and am trying to find out about the following situation:

We'd like to publish our App on the AppExchange and licence it as follows:

- assign seat licences for internal users of the company.  These would be normal paid licences.

- assign seat licences for external members accessing the app via communities (so they can use the app too).   These would be "free" licences as we'd bill a flat rate for communities availability.

I'm concerned that Community Users won't be able to use the app unless they have a licence assigned to them.   But we don't want to require that every single external user has a fully paid licence assigned to them.

Is this even possible with Salesforce AppExchange licences?   From what I read it seems you can only opt to have a site-wide licence or X number of seat licences?   There doesn't seem to be a way to let some users use the App via a paid licences and others via a free licence,

Thanks for your thoughts

Hi

I'm new to App Exchange package licencing and am trying to find out about the following situation:

We'd like to publish our App on the AppExchange and licence it as follows:

- assign seat licences for internal users of the company.  These would be normal paid licences.

- assign seat licences for external members accessing the app via communities (so they can use the app too).   These would be "free" licences as we'd bill a flat rate for communities availability.

I'm concerned that Community Users won't be able to use the app unless they have a licence assigned to them.   But we don't want to require that every single external user has a fully paid licence assigned to them.

Is this even possible with Salesforce AppExchange licences?   From what I read it seems you can only opt to have a site-wide licence or X number of seat licences?   There doesn't seem to be a way to let some users use the App via a paid licences and others via a free licence,

Thanks for your thoughts