• Member since 2015
  • GIS

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hello! I am working on preparing my org to roll over to Lightning and I have seven custom buttons I need to update. My custom buttons are showing in Lightning but not workin as they should. Typically these buttons open and an email in a new tab and gather information up into a template. Here's an example of one: 

/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?rtype=003&p3_lkid={!GIS_New_Account_Set_Up__c.Id}&retURL=%2F{!GIS_New_Account_Set_Up__c.Id}&p5={!$User.Email}&p24="smorgan@geninfo.com,rmercado@geninfo.com,amoore@geninfo.com,skeele@geninfo.com,scausey@geninfo.com,jdailey@geninfo.com,jsowell@geninfo.com,nprabhakaran@geninfo.com,cvodila@geninfo.com,implogging@geninfo.com,impcontract@geninfo.com&template_id=00X500000015TvQ

Could anyone tell me what I need to change? I've read a few resources and I think I need to create an action but it's not clicking for me. I do not see how I can have the same result which is clicking the action and an email popping up in a new window with all of the information needed from Salesforce (based on an email template I have in place), all the email addresses needed are populated in and all the sales person has to do is click send.

Thank you!
Hello! I am at a loss and not sure what I have missed.I have added a custom button to a custom object so that the members of our sales team can click the button and a email will auto generate to the new client. I have created an email template and attached a document that should go to the client. I can send out the email template successfully with the attachment when testing the template with a contact. I have successfully added the button based on the formula below and  it generates the email and populates with the correct template, to the right people...BUT the attachment that is attached to the email template is not carrying over when thenew button is clicked. Any ideas???? Please help!

/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?rtype=003&p3_lkid={!GIS_New_Account_Set_Up__c.Id}&retURL=%2F{!GIS_New_Account_Set_Up__c.Id}&p5={!$User.Email}&p24="jblalock@geninfo.com,cvodila@geninfo.com, {!GIS_New_Account_Set_Up__c.Contact_Email__c}&template_id=00X38000001w88h
Hello! I am looking for advice on if and how we can build some workflows in Salesforce to collect some information we need. We had some in place but they rarely fired as I believe that because of the nature of what we are trying to do, Salesforce was confused. Out of 700 instances, they only fired 120 times so I deleted them all and want to start new. I am open to suggestions and your thoughts as to if we can even accomplish our goals.
Here are the details:
I created a custom object called Legal Support, it is where the sales team must go anytime they need to request our legal teams assistance with contracts, amendments, terms, etc. Once they fill out the deals of the Legal Support Object, there is a custom button that submits the request over to our legal team so that they may work on the request. While each request is in legal, the request will move through a series of statuses I have listed below. The legal team will change the phase in the Legal Support object in Salesforce each time the request goes to a different status in their control.
  • Unassigned
  • Working
  • Waiting
  • Backlog
  • Blocked
  • Done
  • Lost

The statuses are not linear events as they do not have a natural directional progression. For example, a request may go from unassigned to working, then to waiting, then back to working, then into blocked and back to working, etc. This can happen many times and legal makes redline changed to documents for our clients and they go back and forth many times until an agreement is reached. Our legal team wants to track how long the request is in each status. That means the workflows would need to in essence remember every time a request went back to each status (which could be three, four, five times) and add the times together to give us a total time the request was in each status. The goal is to analyze how long each legal status takes for our deals, I have tried several variations of flows but nothing I know of works and I believe it’s because this is not a linear process and due to the fact that the status can be changed back to the same status many times on one request. As of now I simply have Salesforce timestamping when we enter and leave each stage and providing the time in the status. Easy and simple but not telling us what we want as we want the sum of all the times that request went into each status. As it is now, each time it goes back into that status it overwrites the fields and starts counting again.

I have exhausted all avenues and I think this is not possible, but wanted to ask those who are much smarter than I and have much more Salesforce experience. I am happy to provide more details if need be. Thank you!

Greetings! I have created a custom object we use in conjunction with our standard opporunity object. The custom object has the opportunity related to it. I am trying to create a custom worklow to check a box on the custom object based on the related opporunity but am failing miserably. I would like the system to check the box in ths custom object if the related opportunity stage is equal to either “Closed Lost”, "Cancelled by Prospect", "Cancelled by GIS".

Here's what I thought would work:
Related_Opportunity__r.StageName  ISPICKVAL(StageName, “Closed Lost”, "Cancelled by Prospect", "Cancelled by GIS")

Here's the error:
 Error: Syntax error. Found 'Related_Opportunity__r.StageName'

Here are my API names:
Stage = StageName
Closet Lot = 
Cancelled by Prospect = Cancelled by Prospect
Cancelled by GIS = Cancelled by GIS

Hello. I have built a custom object in our instance of Salesforce that contains the standard note functionality. I would like to be able to have a workflow that will ping the creator of the record if someone enters a new note on the record. I did not see a way to do this with the standard workflow builder and I'm gussing some sort of code or formula will be needed? I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks!
Hello! I am working on preparing my org to roll over to Lightning and I have seven custom buttons I need to update. My custom buttons are showing in Lightning but not workin as they should. Typically these buttons open and an email in a new tab and gather information up into a template. Here's an example of one: 

/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?rtype=003&p3_lkid={!GIS_New_Account_Set_Up__c.Id}&retURL=%2F{!GIS_New_Account_Set_Up__c.Id}&p5={!$User.Email}&p24="smorgan@geninfo.com,rmercado@geninfo.com,amoore@geninfo.com,skeele@geninfo.com,scausey@geninfo.com,jdailey@geninfo.com,jsowell@geninfo.com,nprabhakaran@geninfo.com,cvodila@geninfo.com,implogging@geninfo.com,impcontract@geninfo.com&template_id=00X500000015TvQ

Could anyone tell me what I need to change? I've read a few resources and I think I need to create an action but it's not clicking for me. I do not see how I can have the same result which is clicking the action and an email popping up in a new window with all of the information needed from Salesforce (based on an email template I have in place), all the email addresses needed are populated in and all the sales person has to do is click send.

Thank you!
Hello! I am at a loss and not sure what I have missed.I have added a custom button to a custom object so that the members of our sales team can click the button and a email will auto generate to the new client. I have created an email template and attached a document that should go to the client. I can send out the email template successfully with the attachment when testing the template with a contact. I have successfully added the button based on the formula below and  it generates the email and populates with the correct template, to the right people...BUT the attachment that is attached to the email template is not carrying over when thenew button is clicked. Any ideas???? Please help!

/_ui/core/email/author/EmailAuthor?rtype=003&p3_lkid={!GIS_New_Account_Set_Up__c.Id}&retURL=%2F{!GIS_New_Account_Set_Up__c.Id}&p5={!$User.Email}&p24="jblalock@geninfo.com,cvodila@geninfo.com, {!GIS_New_Account_Set_Up__c.Contact_Email__c}&template_id=00X38000001w88h
Hello! I am looking for advice on if and how we can build some workflows in Salesforce to collect some information we need. We had some in place but they rarely fired as I believe that because of the nature of what we are trying to do, Salesforce was confused. Out of 700 instances, they only fired 120 times so I deleted them all and want to start new. I am open to suggestions and your thoughts as to if we can even accomplish our goals.
Here are the details:
I created a custom object called Legal Support, it is where the sales team must go anytime they need to request our legal teams assistance with contracts, amendments, terms, etc. Once they fill out the deals of the Legal Support Object, there is a custom button that submits the request over to our legal team so that they may work on the request. While each request is in legal, the request will move through a series of statuses I have listed below. The legal team will change the phase in the Legal Support object in Salesforce each time the request goes to a different status in their control.
  • Unassigned
  • Working
  • Waiting
  • Backlog
  • Blocked
  • Done
  • Lost

The statuses are not linear events as they do not have a natural directional progression. For example, a request may go from unassigned to working, then to waiting, then back to working, then into blocked and back to working, etc. This can happen many times and legal makes redline changed to documents for our clients and they go back and forth many times until an agreement is reached. Our legal team wants to track how long the request is in each status. That means the workflows would need to in essence remember every time a request went back to each status (which could be three, four, five times) and add the times together to give us a total time the request was in each status. The goal is to analyze how long each legal status takes for our deals, I have tried several variations of flows but nothing I know of works and I believe it’s because this is not a linear process and due to the fact that the status can be changed back to the same status many times on one request. As of now I simply have Salesforce timestamping when we enter and leave each stage and providing the time in the status. Easy and simple but not telling us what we want as we want the sum of all the times that request went into each status. As it is now, each time it goes back into that status it overwrites the fields and starts counting again.

I have exhausted all avenues and I think this is not possible, but wanted to ask those who are much smarter than I and have much more Salesforce experience. I am happy to provide more details if need be. Thank you!