• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi,

I have an object with custom fields "po_number" and "repair_cost" and would like to add a third field "total cost" calculated on the SUM of the repair_cost field for any records that have matching po_number fields.

Could I do some sort of read of the po_number field and then a loop? (I know this is not the proper syntax, I hope I'm getting the idea across though) i.e. FOR(VALUE in po_number) do SUM(repair_cost)

or could I read in the value of the po_number field on the current record, then calculate to total cost based on any matching values on other records?

Hi,

I have an object with custom fields "po_number" and "repair_cost" and would like to add a third field "total cost" calculated on the SUM of the repair_cost field for any records that have matching po_number fields.

Could I do some sort of read of the po_number field and then a loop? (I know this is not the proper syntax, I hope I'm getting the idea across though) i.e. FOR(VALUE in po_number) do SUM(repair_cost)

or could I read in the value of the po_number field on the current record, then calculate to total cost based on any matching values on other records?