• RR Donnelley

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have a query that is giving the exception -
System.QueryException: Non-selective query against large object type (more than 100000 rows). Consider an indexed filter or contact salesforce.com about custom indexing. Even if a field is indexed a filter might still not be selective when: 1. The filter value includes null (for instance binding with a list that contains null)

The query is - SELECT GUP_GUID__C,OWNERID,CORPORATE__C,ECP_NAME__C,NAME,ACCOUNT__C FROM ECP__c WHERE OwnerId IN :ownerIds AND GUP_GUID__c IN :gupGuids AND Status__c = 'Active' AND Corporate__r.Status__c = 'Active' ORDER BY WCSS_Create_Date__c DESC LIMIT 50000

Both sets used in query ownerids and gupguids are not empty and do not have null values. The query with the ids substituted in query editor gives 0 results so the return size of query is also no concern. The query has Owner id in the where clause which is automatically indexed by salesforce.

Code run from anonymous window runs without exception, i am stumped, not sure why is this query failing then?
  • April 21, 2016
I want to assign Master record type to new opportunties using Apex code, we do have one custom record type as well but we want the master record type to be assigned to new opportunities that are systematically created using Apex code.
I have tried assigning null, using recordtypeinfos methods with schema describe and hardcoding 012000000000000AAA just to debug but i keep getting this error-
Record Type ID: this ID value isn't valid for the user: 012000000000000AAA;getStatusCode=INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY;
Is there a way to assign out of box master record type to new opportunites using Apex or do i have to create another custom Master record type?
  • April 13, 2016
We have built customer community using Napili template in community builder, we want to migrate it to UAT env and then prod.
How do i do that using ant? i have included community, customsite, network and dependencies in my package.xml, i am not finding my custom pages and other customizations that i had done using community builder using the pull command, what is my package.xml missing?
  • January 27, 2016
<types>
        <members>*</members>
        <name>Profile</name>
    </types>
 <types>
        <members>*</members>
        <name>ConnectedApp</name>
    </types>
in package.xml just pulls the connected app configuration, the .profile files do not have a mention of the connected app even when the app is assigned to the profile, what tag to use to pull connected app profile permissions using package.xml 
  • January 18, 2016
Hi,
We have a custom Visualforce page to view articles, there is an output link to download the attachment on that page (<apex:outputLink value="/servlet/fileField?entityId={!articleId}&field=Attachment__Body__s"/>)
The Customer Community Users are getting an error when using the link to download the files that cannot be rendered by the browser e.g. excel, pdfs etc, text file attachments however are being opened in the new window. The users with Salesforce license are able to download all attachment types.

Error Message-
Unable to Access Page 
The value of the "field" parameter contains a character that is not allowed or the value exceeds the maximum allowed length. Remove the character from the parameter value or reduce the value length and resubmit. If the error still persists, report it to our Customer Support team. Provide the URL of the page you were requesting as well as any other related information.

Question-
My Question is, is there a way to query for the uploaded attachment file id using article id in the controller and pass it to the VF page so i can build my output link directly, something like this -
<apex:outputLink value="/servlet/fileField?id=<Article's Uploaded File ID"/>
I am unable to find how to query for the attachment file id
  • September 22, 2015
<types>
        <members>*</members>
        <name>Profile</name>
    </types>
 <types>
        <members>*</members>
        <name>ConnectedApp</name>
    </types>
in package.xml just pulls the connected app configuration, the .profile files do not have a mention of the connected app even when the app is assigned to the profile, what tag to use to pull connected app profile permissions using package.xml 
  • January 18, 2016
I want to assign Master record type to new opportunties using Apex code, we do have one custom record type as well but we want the master record type to be assigned to new opportunities that are systematically created using Apex code.
I have tried assigning null, using recordtypeinfos methods with schema describe and hardcoding 012000000000000AAA just to debug but i keep getting this error-
Record Type ID: this ID value isn't valid for the user: 012000000000000AAA;getStatusCode=INVALID_CROSS_REFERENCE_KEY;
Is there a way to assign out of box master record type to new opportunites using Apex or do i have to create another custom Master record type?
  • April 13, 2016

I am building a custom VF page to show the ideas. I want to get the list of categories that are assigned to an idea zone. For ex: I have created 3 zones: zone A, zone B, zone C for ideas. I have assinged Categories

Categories 1, 2, 3 to zone A,

Categories 4, 5, 6 to zone B,

Categories 3, 5, 6 to zone C.

If I go to standard Ideas tab, somehow salesforce could show the correct list of categories drop down for each zone. where as I don't find any option in Apex to query the list of assigned categoried for each zone.

Any suggestions please?

• December 08, 2013