• 10 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
I am trying to figure out how I can have Salesforce not auto-assign leads via Assignment Rules to reps that are too busy with too many leads (I know- most are only complaining for more) or are taking time off. How can this be done?
Hi all,

I am trying to create a validation rule inside Leads requiring that if the Conference Name field is filled in, that a Campaign is tied to the Opportunity. For some reason this validation rule formula is not letting me convert leads even when I have Conference name filled in and a Campaign tied to the Lead. Any suggestions?
AND(NOT(ISBLANK( Conference_Name__c )), 
(ISBLANK( Campaign.Name )))
Hi all,

My customer is looking to use records as inventory (for lack of a better word) where you could only have a lookup record be only used once (could not use that record twice in two different Opportunities in the specific Lookup field). What is the best way to do this inside Salesforce?

Thanks,
Tom
Has anyone connected Salesforce with a French ERP program called Silog? If so, can you please elaborate on how you integrated the two?
Hi all,

I am trying to write a trigger to allow a custom Leads field (SIC Code) map over to the Account field SIC Code. How could I write this trigger?

Thank you.

What is the best way to have leads be sent out to partners through an XML post (standard lead fields)?
Hi, I have 4 fields in leads (Alternate Contact First Name, Last Name, Alt. Phone, and Alt. Email) and I am hoping to write an Apex Trigger where when the lead is converted, an extra Contact is created based on the Alternate Contact's info. How can I do this?  (That is, create the main contact through the conversion and then an extra contact if the fields are filled out.)
Hi, I am writing an Apex Trigger for product X to be added to all Opportuntities containing products Y and Z. My current trigger coding is is not getting the result I was hoping for. Can anyone help me out here on what I need to do to have it look for products Y and Z in my opportunities? Thank you for your help!

trigger CreateOLI on Opportunity (after insert) {
    List<OpportunityLineItem> oliList = new List<OpportunityLineItem>();

List<PriceBookEntry> priceBookList = [SELECT Id, Product2Id, Product2.Id, Product2.Name FROM PriceBookEntry WHERE Product2Id='01t1a000000Cwc3' AND PriceBook2.isStandard=true LIMIT 1];

for (Opportunity oppty: Trigger.new) {
        if (OLI.Name=Z) (OLI.Name=Y)
            OLI.Name = (Product2.Name)
            //create new Oli
            OpportunityLineItem oli = new OpportunityLineItem(OpportunityId=oppty.Id, PricebookEntryId=priceBookList[0].Id /*rest of required fields*/);
            oliList.add(oli);
        }
    }

insert oliList;
}
  • September 25, 2015
I am trying to create Apex code to automatically add Product X to all future opportunities with Products Y and Z? What would be the best way to do this?
This is the code I have so far:

List<PriceBookEntry> priceBookList = [SELECT Id, Product2Id, Product2.Id, Product2.Name FROM PriceBookEntry WHERE Product2Id='01t1a000000Cwc3' AND PriceBook2.isStandard=true LIMIT 1];

if (/OLI.Name=Z/) (/OLI.Name=Y) {
            //create new Oli
            OpportunityLineItem oli = new OpportunityLineItem(OpportunityId=oppty.Id, PricebookEntryId=priceBookList[0].Id /*rest of required fields*/);
            oliList.add(oli);
        }
    }

insert oliList;
}
  • September 25, 2015
Hi all,

I am trying to create a validation rule inside Leads requiring that if the Conference Name field is filled in, that a Campaign is tied to the Opportunity. For some reason this validation rule formula is not letting me convert leads even when I have Conference name filled in and a Campaign tied to the Lead. Any suggestions?
AND(NOT(ISBLANK( Conference_Name__c )), 
(ISBLANK( Campaign.Name )))
Hi all,

I am trying to write a trigger to allow a custom Leads field (SIC Code) map over to the Account field SIC Code. How could I write this trigger?

Thank you.

Hi, I have 4 fields in leads (Alternate Contact First Name, Last Name, Alt. Phone, and Alt. Email) and I am hoping to write an Apex Trigger where when the lead is converted, an extra Contact is created based on the Alternate Contact's info. How can I do this?  (That is, create the main contact through the conversion and then an extra contact if the fields are filled out.)
Hi, I am writing an Apex Trigger for product X to be added to all Opportuntities containing products Y and Z. My current trigger coding is is not getting the result I was hoping for. Can anyone help me out here on what I need to do to have it look for products Y and Z in my opportunities? Thank you for your help!

if (OLI.Name=Z) (OLI.Name=Y)
            OLI.Name = (Product2.Name)
            //create new Oli
            oliList.add(oli);
        }
    }

insert oliList;
}
  • September 25, 2015
I am trying to create Apex code to automatically add Product X to all future opportunities with Products Y and Z? What would be the best way to do this?
This is the code I have so far:

if (/OLI.Name=Z/) (/OLI.Name=Y) {
            //create new Oli
            oliList.add(oli);
        }
    }

insert oliList;
}
  • September 25, 2015