• Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Hi All, 

I was trying to resolve a defect that is currently allowing sales users to change the opportunity stage after the Opportunity Stage = Closed Won.
For this I followed these steps below:

1) Created "Read Only Page layout" - Read only (to hide the (edit/ delete) buttons for sales reps)
2) Created one record type to assign the Read Only Page layout
3) Created one WFR - with field update action as follows:
User-added image

Now, it resolves the defect which I had earlier. Although this record type works to limit editing for the sales reps, the issue now becomes that I cannot change or revert it back to its original Record Type and we report off of Record Types. 

User-added image

When I click on "Change", it gives me the option to select the Record Type from the picklist. However, after I save the record and scroll down to the System Information, the Opportunity Record Type is still the same - Read Only Recordtype.

It is an urgent need to resolve this issue. Please suggest how to fix this? Thanks.
Hi All, 

I was trying to resolve a defect that is currently allowing sales users to change the opportunity stage after the Opportunity Stage = Closed Won.

1) Created "Read Only Page layout" - Read only (to hide the (edit/ delete) buttons for sales reps)
User-added image

Now, it resolves the defect which I had earlier. Although this record type works to limit editing for the sales reps, the issue now becomes that I cannot change or revert it back to its original Record Type and we report off of Record Types. 

User-added image

When I click on "Change", it gives me the option to select the Record Type from the picklist. However, after I save the record and scroll down to the System Information, the Opportunity Record Type is still the same - Read Only Recordtype.

It is an urgent need to resolve this issue. Please suggest how to fix this? Thanks.

How to pre-populate the shipping address on the Opportunity from the Account?
As soon as the user clicks on New Opportunity, the shipping address from Account should pre-populate on the Opportunity Shipping address and this should be editable before saving. 
As soon as the user clicks on New Opportunity, the shipping address from Account should pre-populate on the Opportunity Shipping address and this should be editable before saving. 
Hi All, 

User-added image

User-added image

When I click on "Change", it gives me the option to select the Record Type from the picklist. However, after I save the record and scroll down to the System Information, the Opportunity Record Type is still the same - Read Only Recordtype.

As soon as the user clicks on New Opportunity, the shipping address from Account should pre-populate on the Opportunity Shipping address and this should be editable before saving.