• 0 Points
  • Member since 2015

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
Using various tools like python's simple-salesforce or sfdclib, a developer could connect to a SalesForce org using an instance URL and a SessionID.  I am unsure of how to connect to an org with SFDX using the same information.

1. Is it possible to connect to a Salesforce org using SFDX given the instance url/sessionId?
2. How would I do it?

Thanks in advance.
I have created a Developer Edition org with a simple managed package.  The managed package is NOT in beta and it has been released.  I created a second Developer Edition org and installed the managed package and confirmed it is installed.

When I go into the Packaging org via developer console, OR workbench it informes me there is not object called PackageSubscriber.  What do I need to do to make this object visible?

I have read the documentation, but I find no documentation about why the object would not show up, or how to get it to show up.
https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api.meta/api/sforce_api_objects_packagesubscriber.htm
I see that we can set Apex unit test with an annotation of @isTest(isParallel=true). That is awesome. However I'm requesting some clarification on its functionality.
  1. What is the default value? (I assume false... but don't like to assume)
  2. If I select a group of tests and indicate to SF that I want those tests to run in parallel, do I have to explicity set that to FALSE inorder to preform specific tests in serial? (or do they all run in parallel because I requested it)
  3. If I select a group of tests and indicate I want them run in serial, if isParallel set to TRUE does it over ride and still run in parallel?
Basically I want to understand the dynamics of isParallel before implementing in a LARGE project, that for years has run in serial. It has some tests that do NOT work in parallel, however we want to get the best possible performance out of the tests that can. So our HOPE is that we can tell Salesforce to run all tests in parallel, except the few that cannot, and run those in serial.  Is this the right feature to enable or set this.

Thanks in advance.

I have a packaging org with a managed package which has several versions.  I NEED to be able to query either the list of created package (preferred) OR verify if a specific package version has been specified.

Anyone have a way to do either of these?
I am currently working on a project that requires the use of chatter and integrating some of our features into chatter. One of the requirements is that the apex unit tests execute in parallel. So far all of the documentation I have found says in order to test chatter features the SeeAllData flag must be set to True however this is breaking the ability to test in parallel. Is there a way to perform testing involving Chatter in parallel?

We are currently getting DML record locks when we perform the tests in parallel, but when we run them serially the execute properly.
I see that we can set Apex unit test with an annotation of @isTest(isParallel=true). That is awesome. However I'm requesting some clarification on its functionality.
  1. What is the default value? (I assume false... but don't like to assume)
  2. If I select a group of tests and indicate to SF that I want those tests to run in parallel, do I have to explicity set that to FALSE inorder to preform specific tests in serial? (or do they all run in parallel because I requested it)
  3. If I select a group of tests and indicate I want them run in serial, if isParallel set to TRUE does it over ride and still run in parallel?
Basically I want to understand the dynamics of isParallel before implementing in a LARGE project, that for years has run in serial. It has some tests that do NOT work in parallel, however we want to get the best possible performance out of the tests that can. So our HOPE is that we can tell Salesforce to run all tests in parallel, except the few that cannot, and run those in serial.  Is this the right feature to enable or set this.

Thanks in advance.

I have a packaging org with a managed package which has several versions.  I NEED to be able to query either the list of created package (preferred) OR verify if a specific package version has been specified.

Anyone have a way to do either of these?
I am currently working on a project that requires the use of chatter and integrating some of our features into chatter. One of the requirements is that the apex unit tests execute in parallel. So far all of the documentation I have found says in order to test chatter features the SeeAllData flag must be set to True however this is breaking the ability to test in parallel. Is there a way to perform testing involving Chatter in parallel?

We are currently getting DML record locks when we perform the tests in parallel, but when we run them serially the execute properly.