• 5 Points
  • Member since 2016

• Chatter
    Feed
    Best Answers
    Likes Given
    Questions
    Replies
We have some custom buttons on the Opportunity Object that work in Classic but do not working in Lightning. The buttons allow our development staff to open an Opportunity from the Contact page and some information like Opportunity Name, Account Name and Primary Contact are prefilled. This works in Classic but with the switch to Lightning those three fields do not get autopopulated when the button is used. I will also share screenshots for what the coding is for the custom and standard buttons.

Can someone tell me how to replicate this behavior in Lightning?

See the screenshots of the custom "New Contact Donation (501)" button and the standard/native "New Contact Donation (Managed). One other thing that I've noticed is that when I switch to Classic and try out the buttons the custom button fills out the Opportunity Name, Account Name and Primary Contact fields on the new Opportunity but the standard/native only fills out the Opportunity Name and Account Name... doing nothing with the Primary Contact field.

Thank you very much,

User-added imageUser-added image
We have some custom buttons on the Opportunity Object that work in Classic but do not working in Lightning. The buttons allow our development staff to open an Opportunity from the Contact page and some information like Opportunity Name, Account Name and Primary Contact are prefilled. This works in Classic but with the switch to Lightning those three fields do not get autopopulated when the button is used. I will also share screenshots for what the coding is for the custom and standard buttons.

Can someone tell me how to replicate this behavior in Lightning?

See the screenshots of the custom "New Contact Donation (501)" button and the standard/native "New Contact Donation (Managed). One other thing that I've noticed is that when I switch to Classic and try out the buttons the custom button fills out the Opportunity Name, Account Name and Primary Contact fields on the new Opportunity but the standard/native only fills out the Opportunity Name and Account Name... doing nothing with the Primary Contact field.

Thank you very much,

User-added imageUser-added image